ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-23-2013   #11
XfireZ51

Default Re: "I hate your car" is what she said...

My wife likes my car because she always knows where to find me. In the garage.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #12
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
My wife likes my car because she always knows where to find me. In the garage.

I tell mine cheaper than a girlfriend

The cure to this spouse and girlfriend not liking your car is heavy retail therapy. I have not heard a peep since buying my wife a SLK
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 10-23-2013 at 07:06 PM.
GOLDCYLON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #13
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
my wife hates all cars, the zr-1 included. I can't say i'm far behind her to be honest

Why do you feel that way too?
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #14
We Gone

We both had our own Corvette's, You could say our Corvette's hooked up first. So no issues here.......That was in 1977 we still have our own I just work on them.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #15
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod-v8 View Post
Why do you feel that way too?
fun car, daily driver, whatever the car is, it's just sucking money out of my bank account. fuel, insurance, tires, repairs...honestly if I could use zipcar every time I needed to drive somewhere, assuming i could use public transport, I would
Old 10-23-2013   #16
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod-v8 View Post
So my girlfriend says she hates my ZR1. Anyone hear this before from their significant other, girlfriend, wife, etc?
Put her on the title

That is what I do.....

Quote:
fun car, daily driver, whatever the car is, it's just sucking money out of my bank account. fuel, insurance, tires, repairs...honestly if I could use zipcar every time I needed to drive somewhere, assuming i could use public transport, I would
Kevin.....how can we help you......my Zs are soooo much fun to work on and drive.....and my wife knows exactly where I am at ALL times

I get 25+ mpg......insurance in South Dakota is cheap (just liability)......I do not spin my tires tooooooooo much......and zipcars are dangerous

What is a zipcar???

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #17
Kevin

considering I don't have the $12,500 to dump into the zr-1 to get it running the way it should again...considering the reworked ones are the only ones that seem to run right anymore....not much. my mustang gt which required no work this year, other then an oil change and fuel was still almost $800
Old 10-23-2013   #18
Dynomite

Quote:
considering I don't have the $12,500 to dump into the zr-1 to get it running the way it should again...considering the reworked ones are the only ones that seem to run right anymore....not much. my mustang gt which required no work this year, other then an oil change and fuel was still almost $800
What did you do....blow an engine
I take it you do not work on the LT5 yourself....seems to me there ought to be some guys in your area that can fix the issues without breaking the bank. $12,500 is a lot of money (for getting it running the way it should) and only a couple thousand less than what I paid for my 90'.

A hunting buddy of mine and myself took that 90' LT5 apart and put it back together again for less than $1,500 and that included a Wilwood Brake Upgrade. The Rustoleum Silver High Temperature Spray paint I used on the engine was not that expensive at WalMart.

Oh....except for the SW Headers and Exhaust...that doubled the cost of the Restoration
There were a couple Bling items that cost also but I do not include that as a cost to get it running like it should.

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-23-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #19
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
What did you do....blow an engine
I take it you do not work on the LT5 yourself....seems to me there ought to be some guys in your area that can fix the issues without breaking the bank. $12,500 is a lot of money (for getting it running the way it should) and only a couple thousand less than what I paid for my 90'.
been chasing issues for 6 years so I think i'm a bit out of my depth. Right now I have a bad ecm and a vacuum leak which means...didn't we cover this already? the $12.500 is to send it to Mark and paint the engine and while it's apart port it, and while you're porting it do heads and while you're doing headers...and while you're...and...and...and...

if I had a group of local guys who knew what they were doing to help me I'd probably be fine with tacking some stuff myself. But knowing me I'm going to end up with a pile of parts and my hands glued together like when I tried to build model cars as a kid.
Old 10-23-2013   #20
RHanselman

My wife only hated on of my Z's. A white 91' that had the Desert Development Exhaust. What a loud piece of crap exhaust. Lots of resonance... Worse then the B&B...
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote