ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-28-2017   #11
Racinfan83

Default Re: Anyone use Haggerty Insurance?

I had Hagerty - they were great - but I switched to NCM and saved $200 and got better coverage... Adam is great!
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017   #12
lfalzarano

I use Hagerty, because they gave me a high value of $36k for my 80k mile Z. Granted I can't track, solo, club race or drag race it. Insured value is higher and therefore the premium is slightly higher than NCM.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 07-28-2017   #13
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
Be aware of use limitations.....
I agree completely ... if you plan to use the vehicle for shows and parades, collector insurance might be OK ... but if you plan to drive it to the mall and other occasional personal use, read the restrictions first. I decided to go with full coverage instead.

YMMV, Glenn
Old 07-28-2017   #14
Flyman 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
What is agreed value for $800? That sounds very high

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I placed my "Cash Replacement Value" at $35,000. Kinda high, I know, but the Haibech 500 engine wasn't cheap. I figured $25k for a good ZR-1 and $10k for the engine upgrades to equal what I have.

Dan

91-#1935 Black/black & gray, Haibeck 500
Cams by Pete
Flyman 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017   #15
rush91

Ahhhh insurance...I tried them all, Haggerty, Grundy, Geico,etc etc.......None would insure the car. I've never had a moving violation in my life, and couldn't understand why I wasn't getting insured. Have incredible credit score, I've never filed one claim or had one filed against me. For awhile I thought I wouldn't be able to get my dream car.....Until my local insurance buy said they could do it. The only stipulations is, my Z has to be fully insured, it must be kept in an enclosed garage and it had to be appraised. The appraiser gave it a great value, I think around 21K, and it was for sale for 17,500. No mile restrictions and it is registered as a classic. I think I have All State insurance on both my Civic and Corvette. Just my story, it was a hassle at first for me, just be patient and try as many companies as you can. In the end they want your business...
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017   #16
KILLSHOTS

I can recommend Grundy. Have had all of my Vettes insured by them. Simple process. I have my Stingray insured at an agreed value of 60K and pay $700 per year.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017   #17
onetinsoldier

Try Grundy Collectors insurance !
onetinsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017   #18
Z51JEFF

I did have Hagerty for years,no claims or accidents and they raised my rate by almost $200 after the fiasco at the Russo-Steel auction a few years ago. I've got Collector Car Insurance now. $300 year 2 cars $1000 deductible on Z can't remember what it is on my Nova. $40,000 value on the Z and $15,000 on the Nova. There are mileage restrictions but I hardly ever drive the Z,don't ever see 1000 a year but I do drive the Nova whenever I want but I do t think I drive that more than a 1000 miles a year. I might look into the NCM insurance at some point as long as they aren't associated with A.M.I.G.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote