ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-07-2012   #11
ghlkal

Default Re: Props to Corey @ Henderson Performance

OK, David and Dave, you talked me into it

My wife and I will fly down to San Antonio, buy it, and drive it home. A 1300 mile "shake down" cruise should allow us to get acquainted.
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #12
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlkal View Post
OK, David and Dave, you talked me into it

My wife and I will fly down to San Antonio, buy it, and drive it home. A 1300 mile "shake down" cruise should allow us to get acquainted.
Class!!!!

Keep us updated along the way!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #13
captcorvette

Might want to post your intended route just in case you want some cruise company for a few miles or if you need some help along the way. Great way to meet other members en route. And of course they will know the best places to stay and grab a bit to eat to make a great adventure out of the trip. Yep I am a bit jealous.
captcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #14
Brad Sewell

I don't know your wife, but I know mine. Good luck packing light enough for a 1300 mile trip -- especially if you are getting both tops. Remember, this thing doesn't exactly have a trunk!

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the ride. And don't forget to wave.

Last edited by Brad Sewell; 04-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Brad Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #15
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Sewell View Post
I don't know your wife, but I know mine. Good luck packing light enough for a 1300 mile trip -- especially if you are getting both tops. Remember, this thing doesn't exactly have a trunk!
Jim Voter and his wife took a 4k mile trip to Canada and another 3k trip to Florida (consecutive trips!!!)

1300 miles can be done! You just need the basics, the wifey needs most of the space

Congrats!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #16
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcorvette View Post
Might want to post your intended route just in case you want some cruise company for a few miles or if you need some help along the way.
Good advice ... the "plan" is: do the transaction Friday afternoon and then head out I-35 to Dallas. If we get done in time, I need to stop and pay Corey for his lunch. We'll take I-30 East and we hope to stop on the other side of Dallas - maybe Greenville? Any recommendations? We're planning on 5 hours or so the first day.

We'll follow I-30 to Little Rock and then wind north. I have a daughter in southern Missouri, so we'll stay there.

Then it's I-44 to St. Louis, I-55 in Illinois, up 1-39 into Wisconsin and over I-43.
Old 04-08-2012   #17
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Sewell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1
1300 miles can be done! You just need the basics, the wifey needs most of the space
ha ha ... my wife is actually great on trips. You're not going to believe this, but she doesn't want to pack a suitcase! I was the one who wanted to take a suitcase (put some tools in it), but she said no. Having done a few trips in our 85, we know the space issue. We'll just have carry-ons, so we're traveling light.

One drawback to this Z is it only has the painted top, but we will be able to store it in back if we want.
Old 04-08-2012   #18
WB9MCW

Congrats on the score and have a great adventure!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012   #19
ghlkal

Thanks to all for your kind words and suggestions.

Now, I hate drone. I've heard that Borla's don't drone. I guess we'll find out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZR-1 borla.jpg (13.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-10-2012   #20
RHanselman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlkal View Post
Thanks to all for your kind words and suggestions.

Now, I hate drone. I've heard that Borla's don't drone. I guess we'll find out.
Well you might not find out cause it looks like you have Corsa's on that thing... Corsa's do not have the drone... but on the other hand, neither do my Borla's...

Just a few words about buying and driving X-Country. I bought 3 Z's that I flew in and drove home. I bought two in Long Island and one in Kansas City. I drove them all back to Vegas. Yes, lots of miles in cars I had no real history on... Luckily they were all success stories...

1. If the car has sat for a long time your first 100-150 miles will make you wonder if you bought junk... Both the FX3 shocks and tires will need about that many miles to get back into shape. The tires will be out of round and the shocks will all act at different rates. Two of the three I bought were this way and they were the low mileage cars. The one car that acted normal from the get-go had 69K miles.

2. Wipers might be junk so check the blades and maybe squirt on some rainx. This is not usually in your checkout checklist...

3. ZR-1 Forum Member help. FU helped me in LI which was invaluable. I didn't have the help in KC but I had help along the way if needed... Frank went way beyond just helping but that's another story...

Have a great trip! Sorry I'll just miss you, I don't fly in until the 17th.

Cheers,
RH

PS. Make sure Corey brings Bob and the Gang... You'll have a blast!

Last edited by RHanselman; 04-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote