ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-05-2021   #11
Erik

Default Re: Another Nice ZR-1 on Bat - 14k mile 1991.

With a lot of activity in the end, it closed at.....

$37,000!

Damn. Wasn't expecting that.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021   #12
Corvette95

Bottom line is...Corvette's will be electric soon. Gas burning Corvette's will become more desirable. There are really only a limited numbers of "special" Corvette's from each generation. I won't speculate on the others, but I know one for SURE.... it is the LT5 ZR-1. The nice one's (cared for and maintained) will continue to appreciate.
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021   #13
bowtiguy

solid money for what looks to be a decent car in need of some TLC. The flippers will disagree, but Gone are the days when cars like this or better are $17-25K buys. I think we are beginning to see these cars get the recognition they deserve.
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021   #14
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette95 View Post
Bottom line is...Corvette's will be electric soon. Gas burning Corvette's will become more desirable. There are really only a limited numbers of "special" Corvette's from each generation. I won't speculate on the others, but I know one for SURE.... it is the LT5 ZR-1. The nice one's (cared for and maintained) will continue to appreciate.
While I'd hate to see them go to stupid money, just because they'd end up back hidden in the garages of collectors again, this type of money seems very fair for them. Actually, as you say, the LT5 ZR-1 is truly unique.

Old 02-05-2021   #15
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiguy View Post
solid money for what looks to be a decent car in need of some TLC. The flippers will disagree, but Gone are the days when cars like this or better are $17-25K buys. I think we are beginning to see these cars get the recognition they deserve.
I figure last summer, I could have gotten one like that for probably $22k. Stupid low fir such a special car. Nice to see the market starting to appreciate them.

Old 02-06-2021   #16
Corvette95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
While I'd hate to see them go to stupid money, just because they'd end up back hidden in the garages of collectors again, this type of money seems very fair for them. Actually, as you say, the LT5 ZR-1 is truly unique.
Either way, some will be driven, values for really nice ones will go up. Thing is, the costs to make one new again still is not cost efficient yet, but if prices keep climbing maybe someone will start reproducing the hard to find parts...IDK. The 90 I restored went waaaaay over budget, but it was for me , not to resell, honestly, I have more in my 90 than any of these cars brought , but again, it was for me not to resell. It will be driven...probably like my 95, about 500 or so miles a year and never see rain again...but I do have it booked for a track day later this month ..so it will be appreciated and exercised!
Old 02-06-2021   #17
Erik

Quote:
Either way, some will be driven, values for really nice ones will go up. Thing is, the costs to make one new again still is not cost efficient yet, but if prices keep climbing maybe someone will start reproducing the hard to find parts...IDK. The 90 I restored went waaaaay over budget, but it was for me , not to resell, honestly, I have more in my 90 than any of these cars brought , but again, it was for me not to resell. It will be driven...probably like my 95, about 500 or so miles a year and never see rain again...but I do have it booked for a track day later this month ..so it will be appreciated and exercised!
And for that, you have one of the finest ZR-1s in existence. Beautiful work and a sensational car. Out of curiosity, considering all the work you did, why did you start with a 90?

My car is great cosmetically, and hopefully all the stuff I have done will being it something close to reliability. I still have a thought of doing a Route 66 drive with it.

Old 02-06-2021   #18
Corvette95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
And for that, you have one of the finest ZR-1s in existence. Beautiful work and a sensational car. Out of curiosity, considering all the work you did, why did you start with a 90?

My car is great cosmetically, and hopefully all the stuff I have done will being it something close to reliability. I still have a thought of doing a Route 66 drive with it.
I didn't start with a 90, I have had dozens of C4 of almost every year and configuration including a 7k miles NCRS 95 ZR-1 . The 90 was local and had an electrical issue with it (15 minute repair) was not being taken care of, it was in everyday driver condition, maybe less but low mileage. I really bought it to fix up a little and drive it, my other C4's never see the rain, unfortunately my OCD took over again and I made the 90 perfect, so it will never see a rain drop again! Still going to get a dyno tune with Heibeck or Aaron Scott (he did my 95-great work). I just want to break 500 hp. I have a track day coming up for the 90, not going to abuse it, gonna wrap it track wrap so there are no chips, so it will get some use. I am trailing it there. It is built as high performance street but no competition parts, which is what I wanted, so it will be hitting the redline but not abused. I need some heel toe practice with stock pedals. Thanks again for the compliments on the 90!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZR--1 1990 #454 012321-240.jpg (388.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-06-2021   #19
Erik

Quote:
I didn't start with a 90, I have had dozens of C4 of almost every year and configuration including a 7k miles NCRS 95 ZR-1 . The 90 was local and had an electrical issue with it (15 minute repair) was not being taken care of, it was in everyday driver condition, maybe less but low mileage. I really bought it to fix up a little and drive it, my other C4's never see the rain, unfortunately my OCD took over again and I made the 90 perfect, so it will never see a rain drop again! Still going to get a dyno tune with Heibeck or Aaron Scott (he did my 95-great work). I just want to break 500 hp. I have a track day coming up for the 90, not going to abuse it, gonna wrap it track wrap so there are no chips, so it will get some use. I am trailing it there. It is built as high performance street but no competition parts, which is what I wanted, so it will be hitting the redline but not abused. I need some heel toe practice with stock pedals. Thanks again for the compliments on the 90!
Sorry. I wasn't clear with my question, but you ended up answering it anyway. What I mean to say was why did you choose a 1990 as the basis of your restoration project.

I do also have to say that seeing outcome of your project, understanding the amount of work you put into it, has really inspired me to look at my car differently. It wasn't just a compliment when I said yours was the best looking ZR-1 I'd seen. It's not just a nice car, but it's almost definitive of how a ZR-1 should look. It looks like a later generation ZR-1, without the Jeep like stance (sorry later ZR-1 owners). You dropped it absolutely the perfect amount. It takes the gawkiness out of them at just makes it look like a proper supercar.

It's also made me rethink my car and what I want it to be. While my goals are different, there is a lot of what you have done that I will definitely be copying. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Old 02-06-2021   #20
Corvette95

Thanks again, if I can help, let me know. I documented the whole process..good and bad. There were a couple of things I would have done in a different sequence as several jobs were done more than once! Marc Haibeck and Jadgdanzer, Pete, Ccmano, Carter, Paul Workman and many other helped with tips and products!!!!