ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-09-2012   #11
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Vansteel Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
What are your thoughts on the Banski hardware? Thanks

Im not going back. Im running the trailing arms as well. Highly recommend the Heim joint covers if you choose to order
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #12
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Im not going back. Im running the trailing arms as well. Highly recommend the Heim joint covers if you choose to order
Thanks GC, this is one mod I would like to do in 2012. I need to get my coin up!
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #13
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
I'll tell you my visual opinion--significantly more capable race application.

No cockpit (FX3) adjustment but better in every other way than the DRM coilovers I have.

Ted
I like the FX3 / DRM coilovers, but then again I don't have anything to compare it to.

My drive to Florida will be the real test... 3.5, miles in 2 weeks!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #14
GOLDCYLON

Wink Re: Vansteel Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 View Post
I like the FX3 / DRM coilovers, but then again I don't have anything to compare it to.

My drive to Florida will be the real test... 3.5, miles in 2 weeks!

David

A whole 3.5 miles steady on David

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 01-10-2012   #15
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
Look, you even put Callaway to sleep.....
Ted

2nd Pic should be captioned "Did somebody say Milkbone?"

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 01-10-2012   #16
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
http://www.vansteel.com/index.cfm?fu...p=1972&ID=3178

I'll give my impression of this setup later this year if she let's her crew chief drive it!

This setup looks like a welcome improvement over the DRM coilovers for fitment. First it appears they have solved the rear notching issue with the adapt plates hardware in order to mount in the original mounting holes. The DRM rear set up is too fat on top and the front of the mount points have to be notched forward. Carter I believe has now made blocks to solve this? Also it apears the adjustment setting are alittle more usable however the ease of spining a single adjustment wrench may out perform the ability to do the fine tuning (for the track of course not at home). Looking at the vansteel setup it apprears they still use the spanner compression wrench so not sure what the top adjustment do?

Did you have to relocate the front suspension swaybar with the guildstrand kit or? You do on the DRM kit.

I also assume you went with the new trailing arms (Dog bones) as the coils are too fat for the normal hardware without shaving? Another DRM issue (Actually a hypercoil issue).

One thing DRM does having going for it although is the FX-3 system is retained.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 01-10-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2012   #17
L8apex

Dang I sure hope you pulled the WRONG Red '91 ZR-1 down off the rack when you did all those upgrades!
1991 Red-Red #978
L8apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #18
Shrek

Did you have to relocate the front suspension swaybar with the guildstrand kit or? You do on the DRM kit.
I'll be making my own relocation blocks for the front sway bar! I'm using prothane bushings front and rear.

I also assume you went with the new trailing arms (Dog bones) as the coils are too fat for the normal hardware without shaving? Another DRM issue (Actually a hypercoil issue).
Big fan of the adjustable heim stuff! Last setup we had was VBP but didn't care for the jam nut locking system. Thought we would try the Banski stuff this time around.

One thing DRM does having going for it although is the FX-3 system is retained.
Not a big deal for a dedicated track car.

I modified some of the Banski hardware for a little more clearance.
All in all, the Vansteel "kit" is a well engineered setup.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #19
scholtmj

Are those Global West Delrin bushings in the front?
scholtmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #20
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholtmj View Post
Are those Global West Delrin bushings in the front?
Yes! http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16448
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote