ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 10-17-2008   #11
Hammer

Talking Re: Dipstick Tube Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Finally finished the drawing for the dipstick seal and have sent it out for quotation. I'm not very optimistic that I can justify the cost of the injection mold for a small run, but always hopeful.
Jerry
Thanks for the update Jerry. I look forward to hearing about this later.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #12
HIZNHRZ

Default Re: Dipstick Tube Seal

Quote:
Finally finished the drawing for the dipstick seal and have sent it out for quotation. I'm not very optimistic that I can justify the cost of the injection mold for a small run, but always hopeful.
Jerry
Perhaps this is an item that your brothers have to step up and help you cover.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #13
GOLDCYLON

Jerry how many do you need to make and sell to turn a profit? I sure a few of us would buy just for gp. gc
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 10-18-2008 at 12:29 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #14
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Jerry how many do you need to make and sekk to turn a profit? I sure a few of us would buy just for gp. gc
I'll bite also. I know I'll never use more than one in theory when I get around to doing my headers.....but I'd be interested to know what it would take to get this off the drawing board. If I can afford the price I'd be willing to pony up so we all would have an "out" so to speak....

Please, don't take me the wrong way....I'm not puttin' on airs. It's just the way I look at it is if we don't help ourselves, no one from the outside is gonna help us...JMHO

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #15
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Jerry how many do you need to make and sell to turn a profit? I sure a few of us would buy just for gp. gc
Daryl,
I won't know until the quotes come in. I sent requests to about 8 companies.

The LT5 is such a limited market that quantities are low. The more expensive tooling charges seem to be for items with the least parts sold, like the pan gasket. Annual requirements for pan gaskets, front cover gaskets and oil pump seals is almost nil. May take years to recover the development cost investment.

Neat thing is, I enjoy doing this. Nice corresponding with ZR-1 owners I've never heard of before, shipping overseas & answering questions. All the compliments on quality & service are most rewarding. Still, would be nice to get into the black one of these days
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #16
jonszr1

jerry , i for one am very thankfull for what you do. i know one thing when i need parts i will always ck to see if you stock them before i go any where else . i would be willing to donate 50 bucks to help in the developement of things like this . its a small price to pay to help see that we have parts to keep our cars alive
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #17
ScottZ95ZR1

There are some of these available on the bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corve...mZ110305765376
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #18
Gunny

When I put my SW headers on about a year ago, I replaced the dipstick grommet with a new one. Got it through my local dealer (who is notorious for heavy markups, i.e. Corvette tax) who charged me $4.15. Wish I had bought a few more at that price

George
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #19
A26B

I don't have all of the quotes in yet and only have 1 still out with any hope of a justifiable deal. I should know more next week, but I'm not optimistic.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #20
Jeffvette

Quote:
I don't have all of the quotes in yet and only have 1 still out with any hope of a justifiable deal. I should know more next week, but I'm not optimistic.

Jerry, what has been the estimates so far?