Default Re: Cammed my Z06 this past weekend

There's nothing like a well tuned car Tyler. Nice pair of Z's there

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #12
vilant

Sweet ride, I'm jealous. At least the tuner was reputable enough to refund your money, although expecting what you paid for would of been better.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #13
Alberta_ZR1

So feeding off the cam I installed last spring, I've since upgraded my Z06 even further this past month.

To compliment my cam, I stuck on a new set of PRC 265cc CNC'd heads with titanium intake and stainless steel valves, Kooks 1-7/8 long tube headers, Kooks 3" x-pipe, and topped it all off with a Akrapovic stainless steel slip-on (axle back exhaust).

Exhaust clip

Last edited by Alberta_ZR1; 03-12-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #14
Hog

Thats disappointing about the western tuner. Ive dealt with him before, he would do a up a calibration, email it to me and I would test it in the vehicle. We did about 7 or 8 calibrations. I have heard good and bad things about them.

I'm glad you got your money back, but you did spend a lot of time/money on the commute. I'm also surprised he locked the PCM, I didnt realize he did that. He has had some serious issues with people ripping off his work. So much so that the diesel tuning setup for the old GM 6.5 turbo diesel trucks that he sells, will only allow for changing the calibration and flash that calibration into the PCM. He wont allow the tuning to READ a PCM.
Did you not want him to do a dyno tune on your Vette? He got a new Superflow a couple years ago, just curious why he didnt dyno tune it?

In your video above titled "Exhaust Clip", is the car warm or cold in the vid? Just wondered if it was on fast idle or not. What does your car idle at when hot?

Those headers and exhaust look like very high quality pieces. Good work, I bet its a blast to drive.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #15
Fully Vetted

I def think we need a new sound bite with the new headers and exhaust!

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #16
FU

I'm liking those heads. Who will be doing the tuning ?

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #17
Alberta_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
...Did you not want him to do a dyno tune on your Vette? He got a new Superflow a couple years ago, just curious why he didnt dyno tune it?...In your video above titled "Exhaust Clip", is the car warm or cold in the vid? Just wondered if it was on fast idle or not. What does your car idle at when hot?

Those headers and exhaust look like very high quality pieces. Good work, I bet its a blast to drive.

peace
Hog
I sure did want him to dyno tune it. It was discussed both in emails and on the phone. Funny enough, when I got there he was working on a 6.5L that he limped out of the shop long enough for me to pull in and for him to give a 5 minute tune job. When I had inquired about the dyno tune & run, he basically blew it off like he wasn't interested in the work of hooking it up, etc. I mean he didn't even run the car to see what all was going on after fact...

In the video the car wasn't quite to operating temperature. That and it needs a new tune..the PCM probably doesn't know what to do with this new found airflow...the idle is set at 750rpm

All of the parts were spectacular...I can't wait to drive it. Only another 2.5 months. I still have 2 feet of snow on the front lawn and they're calling for more snow this weekend.

-Tyler
Old 03-13-2013   #18
Alberta_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
I def think we need a new sound bite with the new headers and exhaust!
You're in luck. There is one in my post from yesterday...a link is imbedded within the words "Exhaust Clip".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
I'm liking those heads. Who will be doing the tuning ?
I was put into contact with a very knowledgeable local tuner from another Corvette Forum. He and I spent about 6.5 hours last summer dialing the car in on the street, with the wide band and all. He's already agreed to help again this spring.