Old 05-27-2014   #222
Schrade

Default Re: Locobob's Interior Mod Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locobob View Post

Click on the pic below to see the video

Work is looking good.

Mine is '90; same lights as Jeff's.

Does your console buckle out from under the center trim? What are you doing on it?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #223
Locobob

Thanks guys, looks like no bulb test mode on ABS active, low coolant and low oil. Although I've seen low oil flash on briefly at key on, possibly just a momentary reading from the sensor under certain conditions?

Console buckle? Are you referring to the drivers side console carpet/side panel?

ZR-1 Net Registry Oregon State Director

91 ZR-1 #431 Black/Black LPE 368
Locobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #224
-=Jeff=-

Quote:

Console buckle? Are you referring to the drivers side console carpet/side panel?
That would be my guess

where did you get the custom DIC panel from?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #225
Schrade

Quote:
Thanks guys, looks like no bulb test mode on ABS active, low coolant and low oil. Although I've seen low oil flash on briefly at key on, possibly just a momentary reading from the sensor under certain conditions?

Yeah there Rob; seems more common than I thought, but only post I saw here on it ever was someone just put screws through the panel...

Even Black screws in Black carpet? Not for something interior...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #226
Locobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
That would be my guess

where did you get the custom DIC panel from?
I'm having it made, don't have the final one yet, hopefully it'll be done today.

Old 05-27-2014   #227
Locobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Yeah there Rob; seems more common than I thought, but only post I saw here on it ever was someone just put screws through the panel...

Even Black screws in Black carpet? Not for something interior...
Yeah I have that issue too, might try some Velcro, we'll see when I get to that point.

Old 06-03-2014   #228
Locobob

So my custom DIC display with integrated tire pressure monitoring system is finished.

Here is the modified DIC housing, I cut a big chunk of it out and then glued a flat piece of acrylic down to provide a flat base for mounting the TPMS. I used some squared plastic tubing for columns underneath to set the height and get it even all around.

These are the component parts that go on top, guts of Orange Electronics TPMS, piece of orange tinted acrylic to bring the display colors more in line with the existing dash lighting, tinted cover panel with warning indicators and a clear section cut out for the TPMS display, and to the right are buttons I made which protrude through the panel in order to activate the micro switches on the TPMS unit.

Here is most of the unit assembled with screws at the four corners to keep everything together. I'm using red LED's for the warning lights. The cord for the TPMS unit will come in through the bulb socket directly left of the unit and then loop around through the far left cube and plug into the unit. I could have added one more warning light at the top left of the TPMS but couldn't really think of anything else I needed. If I still had the factory steering wheel and airbag then this is where the inflation rest warning would go, or if it were a 90 one could put the full power indicator here.

A few parts that didn't get used. First run of the display panel which was way to transparent, clear plastic rod which I cut pieces off and painted to form the TPMS display buttons, and some buttons I robbed off a junk stereo which I was going to use but then realized that doing so was going to cause assembly/dis-assembly issues so I scrapped that idea.

The assembled DIC

Ill get some pics of the unit in action in the next few days.

Last edited by Locobob; 06-03-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2014   #229
-=Jeff=-

What TPMS kit is it?

Willing to make more of the DC displays?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014   #230
XfireZ51

LB,

Your DIC display would be perfect for readout coming from a WB O2.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote