ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-12-2008   #21
Nick

Default Re: Thoughts on windshields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmcar95
Hey, Kurt is in business to make money and has responded to our needs. Anyone else out there doing it???
I agree; there are plenty others out there doing it.

As for the original post, I ditched the stock windshield in my '94 when a rock chip expanded overnight into a nice crack. Replaced it with a non-ZR-1 windshield for under $300. Two weeks later I picked up two nice large rock chips in my brand new windshield. When the time comes I'll replace it again with a non-ZR-1 windshield and never look back.
NCRS? Not me...Have fun...!
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #22
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmcar95
Hey, Kurt is in business to make money and has responded to our needs. Anyone else out there doing it???
Ya know this a good point! There are others, it's a very limited number of suppliers but there are others & personally I'm glad that they all exist.

As to the cost/profit/selling price structure...... vette parts were always "taxed" even at the part's store. I feel that whomever I buy from if I don't like the pricing, I'm free to look else where. I think we all knew going in with these cars that parts & prices were always gonna be an issue....but we all bought in anyway. Why be vocal about something we knew going in?
JMHO

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #23
BLACK90ZR1

According to the 1990 - 1991 Corvette NCRS Judging manual and my judging sheets, there is a deduction of up to 24 points of condition for scratches, cracks, delam, and pitting. There is a deduction of 50% of 26 points for incorrect brand replacement on originality. The total deduction for having a completly wrong windshield would only be 50 points, out of 4500 total points. This would only be 1.1 % of the total score. A score of 94% is all that is required to get a top flight rating, so this is not a great concern to me, and is not worth the $2000.00 or so cost of a exact replacement, if I could find one. My windshield is in great condition, and I didn't receive any deductions for it, but if it breaks, I will probably get a service replacement for it.
BLACK90ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #24
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK90ZR1
According to the 1990 - 1991 Corvette NCRS Judging manual and my judging sheets, there is a deduction of up to 24 points of condition for scratches, cracks, delam, and pitting. There is a deduction of 50% of 26 points for incorrect brand replacement on originality. The total deduction for having a completly wrong windshield would only be 50 points, out of 4500 total points. This would only be 1.1 % of the total score. A score of 94% is all that is required to get a top flight rating, so this is not a great concern to me, and is not worth the $2000.00 or so cost of a exact replacement, if I could find one. My windshield is in great condition, and I didn't receive any deductions for it, but if it breaks, I will probably get a service replacement for it.
I AGREE: Thanks BLACK90ZR1 for your excellent explanation and logic that most who are experienced with NCRS judging understandand and employ when preparing their VETTES for judging. Maybe your post will help others better understand NCRS and their goals, thus eliminating some of the rumors and mis-information that's tossed about.
NCRS is a great organization that's goal is preserving the history of VETTES with originality "as manufactured and left the factory".
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote