ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-02-2009   #21
Wild and Blue

Default Re: new here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
What do you mean, "and a paint job"?
If you mean that you want or need to repaint it, forget this car as a repaint will cost $$$. If you have the money to buy this car and repaint it, you should definitely buy a ZR-1, as it is no ordinary Corvette. Just listening to the motor, much less driving it will convince you of the difference. The ZR-1 is not called the King Of The Hill for nothing.

This is also the best time to buy a ZR-1, as it is a buyers market. They are undervalued and will be going up in value like the other sought after Corvettes. So grab one now while you can get it at a reasonable price.

=D> .... follow these instructions for permagrin.
Wild and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009   #22
jonszr1

so the deal was 8500 and you paint one of his cars >? do you have to pay for materials or is he going to do the body work and all you have to do is squirt it? i would say 8500 for the car and nothin else . but i wouldnt settle for the l98 motor for about 4 k more you would have a rare screamer . there is nothing like and lt5 motor @7000 rpms . but in the end its up to you . i traded a 92 lt1 and some cash for my first zr1 and been in love with them ever since ,so bad i had to by another for a backup so i would allways have a zr1 to drive . to many of us there is no finer car to drive . not putting down the standard vet but once you have a ride in a zr1 you will know what i mean . standard vet like taking a shower with a raincoat on
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009   #23
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonszr1 View Post
so the deal was 8500 and you paint one of his cars >? do you have to pay for materials or is he going to do the body work and all you have to do is squirt it? i would say 8500 for the car and nothin else . but i wouldnt settle for the l98 motor for about 4 k more you would have a rare screamer . there is nothing like and lt5 motor @7000 rpms . but in the end its up to you . i traded a 92 lt1 and some cash for my first zr1 and been in love with them ever since ,so bad i had to by another for a backup so i would allways have a zr1 to drive . to many of us there is no finer car to drive . not putting down the standard vet but once you have a ride in a zr1 you will know what i mean . standard vet like taking a shower with a raincoat on
couldn't agree more. You can't compare a base corvette to a ZR-1. There are a bunch of ZR-1s for sale now at insanely low prices. This is the time to buy.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009   #24
lbszr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonszr1 View Post
i traded a 92 lt1 and some cash for my first zr1 and been in love with them ever since
That's exactly what happened to me!
Old 05-02-2009   #25
WB9MCW

I STARTED WITH AN 84

Then bought the ZR-1

Was not long b4 I sold the 84

Could have kept em both but did not like keeping the 84 outside soooooooo up on the blocks she went and I took a beating but hey that is the way it goes.

Never looked back either more leg and head room in the 92Z and well the luv affair with the LT5 and the DOHC + the HP made it easy to forget the 84.

Had 13.5K in this 84 as well she went well for an 84 (secret was the 3.9 sumthin gear rear end) and loud exhaust etc. but ended up selling to a friend for 7.5K.

Twas my "starter VETTE"

Then came the KOTH
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote