ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Old 02-05-2009   #21
ZR-1nce removed

Default Re: BG sign up

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Dave,

Will you have room for my drag radials in your car?

Jim
Just secure them to your roof with duct tape, I'm sure that will work!!!

Count me in for 2

Darrin
ZR-1nce removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #22
tomtom72

Ist timer....my vacation bid for the that week got approved, so this is my very first gathering @ BG .... ever! and I've been trying to get there for the whole 4 yrs I've owned my Z.

Soooo as a typical noooooob dumb a$$, I get the U-Plaza, gonna call today.
What I can't quite get is the rest of the offered stuff. Ya can't sign up for it all, right? So what all events are the majority attending????

Oh yea, I don't own a helmet, so I can't drag race right?

sorry for the noooob Q's!

TIA

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member

Last edited by tomtom72; 02-08-2009 at 07:43 AM.
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #23
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Ist timer....my vacation bid for the that week got approved, so this is my very first gathering @ BG .... ever! and I've been trying to get there for the whole 4 yrs I've owned my Z.

Soooo as a typical noooooob dumb a$$, I get the U-Plaza, gonna call today.
What I can't quite get is the rest of the offered stuff. Ya can't sign up for it all, right? So what all events are the majority attending????

Oh yea, I don't own a helmet, so I can't drag race right?

sorry for the noooob Q's!

TIA

Tom

Tom, the majority stay at the plaza, tehy love the bar for some reason.

Most of the offered stuff is easy to get into as it's in the auditorium. But some of the other stuff you need to sign and pay for.

As for the helmet. The past few years there have been a couple of loaners available. I can bring mine as well.
Old 02-08-2009   #24
tomtom72

Thanks Jeff! Okay, I see that it appears to be a bit of paperwork @ the NCM sign up sight. I'll take that up later as it looks to be that I should join the NCM.
I'll do that and sign up for our gathering at the same time. My head hurts now as I've just finished my 08 fed & state tax returns....why is nothing ever simple?...and I gotta go to work at my side job.

On the helmet, what do I need to know to buy a helmet, besides my mellon size? I don't want you to drag around any extra baggage as you're flying. Oh, and if you need "room at the inn" let me know.

Thanks for your help!

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 02-08-2009   #25
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Jeff! Okay, I see that it appears to be a bit of paperwork @ the NCM sign up sight. I'll take that up later as it looks to be that I should join the NCM.
I'll do that and sign up for our gathering at the same time. My head hurts now as I've just finished my 08 fed & state tax returns....why is nothing ever simple?...and I gotta go to work at my side job.

On the helmet, what do I need to know to buy a helmet, besides my mellon size? I don't want you to drag around any extra baggage as you're flying. Oh, and if you need "room at the inn" let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Tom,

Worse case, join the NCM yearly "member" and you will save 25% on the membership, PLUS you will save on almost every event @ BG.

Even with the membership, you save $$$ in the end.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #26
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 View Post
Tom,

Worse case, join the NCM yearly "member" and you will save 25% on the membership, PLUS you will save on almost every event @ BG.

Even with the membership, you save $$$ in the end.

David
Ah, I feel that I should have been a member of the NCM....just never got around to joinning...

Gonna do it now because I can have the week off and actually attend our gathering at BG. Besides I can get a discounrt on my window sticker and build sheet. Now I don't have to fish the one out of the front sub frame and the one on tha gas tank is glued on really well...
Old 02-08-2009   #27
Jeffvette

Quote:

Thanks for your help!

I'll be bringing a helmet anyways.

Tom, on a helmet, get a recent snell rated helmet. Most places will not recognize a "M" rated helmet. Find a local place and try on several. The fit of each is different. One thing to pay attention to is the fit in around the cheeks if you were glasses all the time. Also make sure it is a tight fit. Don't need your melon rattling around the inside of the helmet.

And don't need a room. Thanks for the offer.
Old 02-09-2009   #28
tomtom72

Jeff thanks for the advice on the helmet!
I'm gonna go talk with the guys I know that do HPDE's and see where I can go to try them on before I buy.

Okay please put me down as signed up. Just finished my reservation on-line form and I have my confirmation #...soooo I'm officially "sooo there"....

I'll be there Wed. The reservations I made are for 5/13 thru 5/16, check out Sunday AM, 5/17.

Man those people have very busy phones, I couldn't get thru. I had to do it over the net, got a different room rate but at least I do have a room at the U-Plaza.

AutoX sounds interesting....
Old 02-11-2009   #29
tf95ZR1

IMOBETHERE
First Time
Flying in
WooHoo!
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #30
Jeffvette