ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-11-2015   #21
max76

Default Re: New ZR-1 Owner

My 1990 zr-1 is 1420 last four numbers....38800 km...
max76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015   #22
carmine

Luv The Spoiler Need One
carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015   #23
Johnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZR1 View Post
Just bought a 1990 ZR-1 with 10,500 miles. Basically a new 25 year old car! It seems to have most of the original coolant hoses. Can anyone suggest a source for a complete coolant hose kit?

This is a great site and I will spend a lot of time studying the postings.

Thanks,
Roger
Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome to the brotherhood. Is the car stock besides that borla exhaust? I'd love to hear a sound clip if you could post it. Never heard borla on our cars. I heard corsa and OBX
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015   #24
BlackZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Welcome to the brotherhood. Is the car stock besides that borla exhaust? I'd love to hear a sound clip if you could post it. Never heard borla on our cars. I heard corsa and OBX
Thanks Johnny5. Yes other than the Borla exhaust and cold air intake she seems to be bone stock. It looks like someone has had the plenum removed because I can see a little gasket sealant weeping out so I am hoping the injectors have been changed. I am still waiting for the dealership to put me in touch with the original owner who traded it in on a new Z06. I'll try to get a sound clip this weekend.

Roger
BlackZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015   #25
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZR1 View Post
Thanks Johnny5. Yes other than the Borla exhaust and cold air intake she seems to be bone stock. It looks like someone has had the plenum removed because I can see a little gasket sealant weeping out so I am hoping the injectors have been changed. I am still waiting for the dealership to put me in touch with the original owner who traded it in on a new Z06. I'll try to get a sound clip this weekend.

Roger
I've got a gopro and the weekend off....just saying
Old 08-19-2015   #26
BlackZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I've got a gopro and the weekend off....just saying
ok, thanks Kevin. Let me see what's cooking this weekend. Wife was irritated I spent all last weekend in the garage!

Roger
Old 08-20-2015   #27
Johnny5

Cool Re: New ZR-1 Owner

Does anyone have a lift near me? I just bought a corsa cat back and I'm selling the OBX because I wanted a deeper growl. It is a great exhaust with no drone but I needed a louder one
Old 08-20-2015   #28
edram454

do you already have your corsa or did you just order it?? they are on a made to order basis. I ordered my in early July and I just got it today. It is the best exhaust since it is 2.5 inches straight through. No resonator to rob you power and no drone just loud and thats good. Ever since I heard 5ABI's car in youtube I just had to have it. Corsa is just wicked sounding in the ZR-1. I will not be running cats and it will be just long tube headers and then the Corsa. Should be loud. Good luck on your Corsa cat back!

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015   #29
Johnny5

It should be arriving tomorrow or Monday the latest. Im hoping it comes tomorrow so i can install it Sunday. My friend has a quick lift but it would go smoother if i had A full lift. I heard that video and heard Rickys 95. Both had headers though. I cant wait to hear just the cat back. Shouldnt be as loud but should be perfect for me. With headers n no cats its a lil too loud for me
Old 08-23-2015   #30
BlackZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Johnny5, I just sent you an mp3 audio clip to your email address.
If anyone else is interested let me know. Stock headers>stock cats>Borla cat back.

Roger