ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-28-2014   #21
Roadster

Default Re: The History Saga of my 94 #0009 continues...

Went through the service records quite a few times, right now I am assuming that the Z was for sale as a used vehicle as per AutoCheck records.
First Service......replaced oil pan gasket......$$$ charged
Second Service..electrical problem, replaced battery....$$$ charged
Third Service......defective new battery, bad cell, replaced....NC
Fourth Service....18 different concerns addressed and corrected if needed....NC

Now trying to contact the used car manager to see what info, if any, they can provide.........

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #22
Vetman

I own # 2441. I have original pizza box complete with original window sticker showing delivery to Chevrolet central office, Warren, Michigan. However the NCM window sticker which I ordered shows delivery to Champion Chevrolet in Manhattan Beach, California. Pizza box verifies it was delivered to Champion Chevrolet and delivered to its first owner. Many documents, such as the leather portfolio with name and vin # and salesman's dealer cards verify it sold to its first owner at Champion Chevrolet in Manhattan, California I was told by some club members that my car was probably a Performance Evaluation Program car. I still wonder if this car was sold as new or some kind of demonstrator because it was obviously used in some way in Michigan and would have had some miles on it. Maybe someone can shed some light on this situation when I attend the 20 anniversary at NCM in August.
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #23
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetman View Post
I own # 2441. I have original pizza box complete with original window sticker showing delivery to Chevrolet central office, Warren, Michigan. However the NCM window sticker which I ordered shows delivery to Champion Chevrolet in Manhattan Beach, California. Pizza box verifies it was delivered to Champion Chevrolet and delivered to its first owner. Many documents, such as the leather portfolio with name and vin # and salesman's dealer cards verify it sold to its first owner at Champion Chevrolet in Manhattan, California I was told by some club members that my car was probably a Performance Evaluation Program car. I still wonder if this car was sold as new or some kind of demonstrator because it was obviously used in some way in Michigan and would have had some miles on it. Maybe someone can shed some light on this situation when I attend the 20 anniversary at NCM in August.
Interesting info on your 90, can you post pics of the two different window stickers? I would contact the DOT in CA and see if they offer a vehicle owner history report. That's what I did in OK, filled out the form, got it notarized, show proof of current ownership, submit the form & fee and wait for the report to arrived at my front door.
I plan on contacting Tim Holland again very soon and pose alot of these questions to him, hopefully getting the answers we are looking for. Wondering how many ZR-1's were destined for the Engineering Group in the 6 year Model Run.

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member
Old 05-29-2014   #24
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetman View Post
It is not uncommon at least today for Corporate cars (like press cars or executive demos, sometimes called "program cars") to be sold at a GM auction for GM dealers, who can then sell them as cars with miles on them but the new owner is still the first titled owner. Perhaps this happened to yours and the company issued a different window sticker for the dealer (I don't think they do that nowadays). Alternatively, sometimes the program cars are actually titled by the corporate office in a state, in which case they can only be sold as used cars. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #25
John Boothby

My car (1990 #148) was built the end of Sept '89 and shipped to Voss Chevrolet in Centerville, Oh. However, the very first report to show in Carfax was 11/30/91 at the DMV. It also shows up as a Leased vehicle in DMV record search around 6/92. It is impossible to get any info out of the dealership or Oh DMV due to privacy laws. So, Does anyone out there have any more info on my ride?

I know the father/son that owned the car from around 95 to 2002 and the fellow that I purchased the car from in 2005. I just do not know the first person to own it. Not snooping, just curious for the records!

Dosn't hurt to check!!

Thanks
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:

Last edited by John Boothby; 05-29-2014 at 12:52 PM.
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #26
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boothby View Post
My car (1990 #148) was built the end of Sept '89 and shipped to Voss Chevrolet in Centerville, Oh. However, the very first report to show in Carfax was 11/30/91 at the DMV. It also shows up as a Leased vehicle in DMV record search around 6/92. It is impossible to get any info out of the dealership or Oh DMV due to privacy laws. So, Does anyone out there have any more info on my ride?

I know the father/son that owned the car from around 95 to 2002 and the fellow that I purchased the car from in 2005. I just do not know the first person to own it. Not snooping, just curious for the records!

Dosn't hurt to check!!

Thanks
Seems to me that since OH DMV is a government institution, then all their records are subject to the public.

'Course, they'll make you jump through hoops and the like...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #27
Roadster

More of the puzzle comes together as I just received in today's mail, the OK DOT Title report for the 94. So far, everything seems to fall into place. I have determined that we are now the 6th owner and not the 7th as I had thought before.
After the engineering group used the ZR-1 for 2 years, it went to auction as previously mentioned. Knippelmier Chevy purchased the vehicle in Oct '95 with 27,979 miles, titled the car, making them the 1st owner and sold it 2 1/2 months later with 27,982 miles to the 2nd owner in the beginning of Jan '96.
The second owner appears to have kept the ZR-1 until early 2010 owning the Vette for 14 years. It also appears that the service records I received from the other dealer in OK belonged to the 2nd owner who was servicing the vehicle before trading it in for something else. Now if I can contact this owner, he may have enough answers to piece most of the puzzle together, and then all I have to find out is what was the purpose of the engineering group using the ZR-1 for 2 years.(guess they couldn't enough driving time) After I can obtain all of the info, will try to contact Tim Holland once again for more info...........................Tom

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 06-14-2014 at 11:38 PM.