ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 04-02-2018   #21
Norwegianmopar

Default Re: FS: 1991 ZR-1 Blk/Red only 4800 miles!!!

Interested in a trade?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_10155446589427947.jpg (177.2 KB, 100 views)
Norwegianmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #22
Raging Bull

Beautiful car!! Unfortunately have no room. Thanks for the offer
Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #23
Raging Bull

New low price....$28,900.00!! This car is a steal at this price.
Old 04-13-2018   #24
Raging Bull

Tried to change the price in description as well. If someone could help me with that. Thanks
Old 04-16-2018   #25
rossgn49u

This car reminds me of the early 60s Chevrolets. Black with red guts was the hot color for performance cars. Still looks good 50 years later.
rossgn49u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018   #26
Atari_Prime

Beautiful car. But I think the price is going to be an issue. Can you show where any 91' Zr-1s have sold near that price the last 5 years?
Atari_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018   #27
lfalzarano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
Beautiful car. But I think the price is going to be an issue. Can you show where any 91' Zr-1s have sold near that price the last 5 years?

It’s what the market will bear, not what they sold during a recession or good times. The right buyer will come along. Negative pricing comments on pricing is not appropriate, because you haven’t inspected the car. JMHO

Lou
Old 07-23-2018   #28
Atari_Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
It’s what the market will bear, not what they sold during a recession or good times. The right buyer will come along. Negative pricing comments on pricing is not appropriate, because you haven’t inspected the car. JMHO

Lou

Not trying to be negative. Trying to pose a real question. If the market is that price, great. Just looking for any information that can confirm that is the market.

If it's not market, how does the price help the seller?
Atari_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018   #29
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Now, the moment this post is added, many will feel compelled to pooh-pooh it.
They will cite all of their sources, facts, auction results, what they heard somewhere, etc. in a quest to say it isn't so, but let them have at it.
They are entitled to their opinion.
However, I would ask each potential campfire pee-er to document how many copies of "their" price opinion are published, and where the information is obtained to support their opinion.

There is a book.
It is called the Black Book CPI ( Cars of Particular Interest ) Collectable Vehicle Value Guide.

While books do not buy cars, this is a respected guide of "Retail Prices" of Collector Cars that has been around for a long, long time.

A 1991 ZR-1 Coupe has the following values according to CPI:

Fair $ 9,650.00
Good $18,500.00
Excellent $31,000.00

Without a doubt, a black with red 4800 mile car as pictured is far closer to excellent than most all others.

Will this car sell at that price?
Quite possibly, if the seller takes the time and effort required to find the right buyer at that price, which can take 1 year or more.
Many sellers fail to do the above for a multitude of reasons, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018   #30
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
Now, the moment this post is added, many will feel compelled to pooh-pooh it.
They will cite all of their sources, facts, auction results, what they heard somewhere, etc. in a quest to say it isn't so, but let them have at it.
They are entitled to their opinion.
However, I would ask each potential campfire pee-er to document how many copies of "their" price opinion are published, and where the information is obtained to support their opinion.

There is a book.
It is called the Black Book CPI ( Cars of Particular Interest ) Collectable Vehicle Value Guide.

While books do not buy cars, this is a respected guide of "Retail Prices" of Collector Cars that has been around for a long, long time.

A 1991 ZR-1 Coupe has the following values according to CPI:

Fair $ 9,650.00
Good $18,500.00
Excellent $31,000.00

Without a doubt, a black with red 4800 mile car as pictured is far closer to excellent than most all others.

Will this car sell at that price?
Quite possibly, if the seller takes the time and effort required to find the right buyer at that price, which can take 1 year or more.
Many sellers fail to do the above for a multitude of reasons, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Marty
Marty,
I have been inclined several times to weigh in on this subject. Have been hesitant, but since you opened "the can of worms".
I have purchased 1,000's of vehicles over the course of my career. Of course, I did not personally inspect each and everyone. I did purchase them from someone I trusted and they knew if they tried to put one over on me it would be the last time. I also had trusted people that checked out vehicles that were not from one of the trusted suppliers. These were late model vehicles generally less than a few years old.
Now to the subject vehicles. C4 Corvette ZR-1's.
This requires a totally different buying strategy. The newest of these is over 20 years old. There are so many variables in the purchase, that I argue it is impossible to even give a close estimate of value just by looking at a few pictures and description supplied by the seller.
For grins, let's say we have a 30K example that has been lovingly cared for. Sitting next to it is an identical 30K example that has not received the attention it should have over its 20 plus years of life. Both are shiny and nice looking in the pictures. On the first example, it has lived in a favorable climate and everything works as expected. On the second example, it has been in a harsh enviornment and a few things are not working. There can be a vast difference in value of these two otherwise identical cars.
It is very easy to drop several thousand dollars on a car like the second example, and chances are it will still not be the quality of the first one. The only way, in my opinion, to place a value is to put "eyes on" if you are knowledgeable enough or have a very trusted knowledgeable person check it out. This is not a 15 minute job. It can take more than a single inspection as well.
To sum this up, I don't think we should be offering opinions on values if we have not met the criteria of doing due diligence to determine it.
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is online now   Reply With Quote