ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-03-2015   #21
JimZRyd

Default Re: 2016 Renewal

Thank you for the explanation Dennis. When I first became a member I too forgot my Registy password although I knew the Forums by heart. After getting help from Jim Voter on resetting my Registy password, I took the simple way out. I wrote it on a posty note and stuck it behind my desk cabinet door. Problem solved! Had no issues renewing this year btw!

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #22
Racinfan83

Thanks for the explanation. I'm far from being a computer guru so I have no idea what some of that was - but I get the basic idea. Different servers and a bunch of $ to fix it that the Registry doesn't have. Copy that.
SO - with that said - and once again I don't know squat about how this stuff works - is it possible to put a "link to the link" on the forum that would link you directly to the website renewal link without going thru the password thing on the website? Kinda like a "Once you log on to the website you stay logged on" deal where it could be linked from here?? Just asking.... If not - then cool it is what it is...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #23
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I'm far from being a computer guru so I have no idea what some of that was - but I get the basic idea. Different servers and a bunch of $ to fix it that the Registry doesn't have. Copy that.
SO - with that said - and once again I don't know squat about how this stuff works - is it possible to put a "link to the link" on the forum that would link you directly to the website renewal link without going thru the password thing on the website? Kinda like a "Once you log on to the website you stay logged on" deal where it could be linked from here?? Just asking.... If not - then cool it is what it is...
I am not a computer guru either......

So......you want paying members.......what is wrong with just giving me a PayPal address and tell me $35 for Renewal or $45 for New Membership and I PayPal you with a note I am Dynomite and this is for 2016 (or whatever year).

Guys and gals do not want to fool around trying to learn the computer or your computer system. They just want to contribute for the great information this Forum provides each of us.

Some often get their questions answered saving them bucks and they immediately want to share the bucks by becoming paying members without having to study anything or remember anything.

I am trying to help here and I can almost assure you if you make becoming a paying member simple you will get more paying members

I think most guys and gals want to contribute not to get a T shirt and not for anything else other than giving you a little contribution (TIP) for making their ownership of a ZR-1 fun, interesting, and less expensive

My ZR-1 Is NOT what it Was.....it is much better than I ever thought it could be....Is What It Is was not acceptable

Take a Poll.......
How many would become immediate paying members if all they had to do is PayPal you ($35 or $45) and put in the Note their Forum ID?

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-03-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015   #24
Racinfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I am not a computer guru either......

So......you want paying members.......what is wrong with just giving me a PayPal address and tell me $35 for Renewal or $45 for New Membership and I PayPal you with a note I am Dynomite and this is for 2016 (or whatever year).

Guys and gals do not want to fool around trying to learn the computer or your computer system. They just want to contribute for the great information this Forum provides each of us.

Some often get their questions answered saving them bucks and they immediately want to share the bucks by becoming paying members without having to study anything or remember anything.

I am trying to help here and I can almost assure you if you make becoming a paying member simple you will get more paying members

I think most guys and gals want to contribute not to get a T shirt and not for anything else other than giving you a little contribution (TIP) for making their ownership of a ZR-1 fun, interesting, and less expensive

My ZR-1 Is NOT what it Was.....it is much better than I ever thought it could be....Is What It Is was not acceptable

Take a Poll.......
How many would become immediate paying members if all they had to do is PayPal you ($35 or $45) and put in the Note their Forum ID?
BINGO!!!!!
And I thought I was the King of the "Keep It Simple Stupid" concept...
THAT right there is the best idea yet. Wouldn't even have to fool with the different website/server/username/whatever. How much stuff has been bought/sold on this forum using a simple PayPal address in less then 10 seconds?? You could still put a mailing address on the post with the PP address for those who don't have PP...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015   #25
Bearly Flying

tried it again, reset my password. Logged in, just a blank screen. It shows ZR-1 registry, home in the tab heading and the title bar, but nothing else.

As part of the password reset it asks for the User name, tried it with "Bearly Flying" and first name /last name.
05 FJR 1300 Yamaha (Long Distance, Sport Touring)
And a whole whack of RC Planes
Bearly Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015   #26
A1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearly Flying View Post
tried it again, reset my password. Logged in, just a blank screen. It shows ZR-1 registry, home in the tab heading and the title bar, but nothing else.

As part of the password reset it asks for the User name, tried it with "Bearly Flying" and first name /last name.
PM sent.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015   #27
A1990

Quote:
BINGO!!!!!
THAT right there is the best idea yet. Wouldn't even have to fool with the different website/server/username/whatever. How much stuff has been bought/sold on this forum using a simple PayPal address in less then 10 seconds?? You could still put a mailing address on the post with the PP address for those who don't have PP...
This is why we don't do that...

snip....At the same time any membership information including name, address, when you joined, etc....I mean ANYTHING at all was transcribed into an Access database that didn't talk to the website or the forum.. This process was very time consuming and labor intensive for those that tracked this information.

In 2012 it was decided to create a new website that could track membership information for us. We wanted to maintain the information contained in the original website, but at the same time eliminate all the manual work to track memberships.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015   #28
Dynomite

Quote:
BINGO!!!!!
It is too complicated for me

Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015   #29
efnfast

I nailed mine first try. Even got my password.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015   #30
Fully Vetted

OR...A lifetime membership option. Pay once and never have to go back. Not saying it's the best thing for the club (many have voiced nonsupport for this option for various reasons) but this is one more issue that would be eliminated.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote