No, I don't care. 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012   #41
tf95ZR1

Default Re: Newsletter poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CAM LT5 View Post
Sorry to see the newsletter go....but, "the times they are a 'changin'....
How is a ZR-1 newsletter "old school"? For the newbe's who have NEVER received a copy,
it was great reading about and seeing pictures of events I couldn't make it to, or were too far away.
The tech articles were invaluable, and travel and race reports were fun. Even the Chumpvette events
made me laugh. They (the newsletter, not the Chumpvette) enticed me to TWICE fly from Los Angeles
to Kentucky (really Nashville.TN & drive a PT cruiser to BG) for GREAT Gatherings. And to Washington
(Portland, OR and again drive a PT Cruiser) to PNW Gatherings. I wouldn't mind if the newsletter
was electronic or e-mail only. I also understand that the newsletter hasn't been officially cancelled,
but I also haven't heard that the next issue is on its way. SO WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Now I will agree that those were "the good old days"!

Last edited by tf95ZR1; 10-09-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Wanted 2
Old 10-09-2012   #42
DDSLT5

Lets try to stay on topic.

Ted - I have always said that one of the most important elements of the club is the production of a quality newsletter on a regular basis. This is what attracted me to the original ZR-1 Registry. I wrote articles for Clint for the LT5 Registry, & this is what motivated me to try to produce a topical production with good entertainment value. Short of a t-shirt that can be bought separately, what other benefit does membership offer? (Frankie - I'm not knocking your sweet *** shirts!)

Simple answer : not much.

Last edited by DaveK; 10-09-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Removed off topic comments
Old 10-09-2012   #43
tf95ZR1

Wouldn't a newsletter be a GREAT lure for membership?
Notice the BOLD, DYNO!
Old 10-09-2012   #44
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 View Post
Notice the BOLD, DYNO!
It would be great for all and we are trying , but need some help from everyone to pitch in. This has become the biggest and most burdensome thing that the board has faced. And trust me when I say that this board had to face lot's. The last editor did a fantastic job. Made it look easy. And it's too bad that the membership voted the way they did. That was a loss for us all.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
Old 10-09-2012   #45
vilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
It would be great for all and we are trying , but need some help from everyone to pitch in. This has become the biggest and most burdensome thing that the board has faced. And trust me when I say that this board had to face lot's. The last editor did a fantastic job. Made it look easy. And it's too bad that the membership voted the way they did. That was a loss for us all.
What kind of help do you need? Don't have a whole lot of technical expertise but I'm learning quick and can lend a hand if needed.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
Old 10-09-2012   #46
FU

A few picture's and a little history on how you found the car etc. That would be great Joe

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
Old 10-09-2012   #47
Dynomite

Default Helping Develope the News Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 View Post
Notice the BOLD, DYNO!
Where is the BOLD? I missed something?

I think there is lots to attract membership to this Forum and yes a newsletter would be nice. I do not think this site is attractive because of its politics

Internal and/or External

Paul would like some assistance and deserves input with nice photos of projects. A technical discusson would also be attractive in the Newsletter.

I am out combining corn and soybeans so am tied up for a while with breakdowns, repairs, welding, and you name it. But after I get the corn and beans out I would be glad to help Paul any way I can

Cliff

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-10-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2012   #48
DDSLT5

Hey Cliff - hows your yield buddy? I had soya beans on this year - yields are epic!

Farmers feed cities!! Keep up the good work!

Dwight
Old 10-09-2012   #49
Dynomite

Default News Letter issues will sort themselves out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post
Hey Cliff - hows your yield buddy? I had soya beans on this year - yields are epic!

Farmers feed cities!! Keep up the good work!

Dwight
Well...you know about the drought....very tough for some and kind of spotty to good around here. 44 bu on beans and 140 bu corn which is good for around here especially since we had very little rain July and August. In Ill they look for 60 or better bu beans and 200 bu corn. We definitely cannot complain with a little better than average yield and corn over $7 and beans over $16. Crop report comes out Thur morning. It is all dry land farming around here so if no rain...no crop. Then there is hail, early frost, late frost, early snow, wind, bugs, fuel costs, fertilizer costs, herbicide costs, and well...you get the picture. Los Vegas is much more predictable

Parts of Ill and even southern Dakotas the guys just disked the corn and beans under it was so bad.

I think the Newsletter issue will sort itself out as Paul is a great writer and stand up technical guru.....Paul knows stuff

Cliff

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-10-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2012   #50
vilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
A few picture's and a little history on how you found the car etc. That would be great Joe
Ok, I'll do a write-up. Where do I send it or should I just post it?
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
Closed Thread