ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-15-2019   #41
abull1499

Default Re: Bought One

All good tips. Thanks for the advice. Not sure on the CCA because I didn't replace the battery, it was the previous owner. I'll check that out. I haven't had a chance to start the car back up yet, but I'll give it a shot tonight.

One thing that was odd was it looked as though the plastic around the battery terminals had been removed or cut off? The terminal nut is just exposed on both pos and neg. I'll take a picture if I have time tonight.
abull1499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019   #42
We Gone

Sounds like at some point the top of the battery nuts were striped and they took the easy way out in replacing them.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019   #43
Z51JEFF

With a no start issue in a 91 most likely the relay. I did a thread on the other Z site explaining the process of installing a second starter relay. My car car several no start episodes,installed the secondary relay and haven’t had any issues since.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019   #44
abull1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
With a no start issue in a 91 most likely the relay. I did a thread on the other Z site explaining the process of installing a second starter relay. My car car several no start episodes,installed the secondary relay and haven’t had any issues since.

Yes, I plan on having Haibeck do that for me. But given the car jump started on first attempt, wouldn’t that indicate battery issue and not relay?

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 10-16-2019   #45
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by abull1499 View Post
Yes, I plan on having Haibeck do that for me. But given the car jump started on first attempt, wouldn’t that indicate battery issue and not relay?

No necessarily,from what I understand the electrical circuit for the starter was a poor design and was revised in 1993 I believe. The jump start gave the circuit an extra jolt and that’s why it started.
Old 10-21-2019   #46
abull1499

Finally had a chance to fire up the 91 this weekend after the no start/jump start incident from last weekend.

She fired up no problem and I drove around town for 5 miles or so with a pit stop for coffee. No issues starting up at all. Haven't had a chance to check the battery load, etc.

Could it still be the relay that caused the no start last week or more likely a low battery?
Old 10-21-2019   #47
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Finally had a chance to fire up the 91 this weekend after the no start/jump start incident from last weekend.

She fired up no problem and I drove around town for 5 miles or so with a pit stop for coffee. No issues starting up at all. Haven't had a chance to check the battery load, etc.

Could it still be the relay that caused the no start last week or more likely a low battery?
The no start issue is random and can happen anytime. In the past I had maybe 5 times where the car wouldn’t start,installed the relay problem gone.
Old 10-21-2019   #48
abull1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
The no start issue is random and can happen anytime. In the past I had maybe 5 times where the car wouldn’t start,installed the relay problem gone.

Gotcha. I’ll get that done then. Thanks for the help!

Old 10-21-2019   #49
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Gotcha. I’ll get that done then. Thanks for the help!

I’m in the process of transferring my STARTER RELAY MOD from the other forum to this one once I figure out how to post pictures again. I dropped PHOTO BUCKET,started using INGUR abit now they’ve changed their format.