ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-05-2014   #61
Schrade

Default Re: Pulling the plenum / IH Some pics !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
LoL I noticed that when Ive gone through that thread several times ! I agree with what you said though and I think I need to just go one step at a time. Going to focus on shipping this plenum first and then remove the secondaries and then worry about whats left for vaccum items.

The one thing that is confusing me is the fact that many of the threads with pics and info are earlier year cars. I believe I see what looks to be the evap purge solenoid beside the coils. I also have what looks to be a knock sensor or something else bolted under the plenum beside the dis module.

one step at a time I guess !
and btw that thread of yours is fantastic !
can't compete with Cliff tho'; he's the Forum Archivist!
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014   #62
LGAFF

When Kinsler shipped my items they sprayed expanding foam into a bag and put on top of the plenum, and a bag under and it surrounded the plenum. I am guessing this process is probably a shipping kit or system they bought....but it worked very well, even for the cylinder head.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #63
5ABI VT

A tip for anyone looking to do their top end. Shipping the thing is MUCH harder than the entire job !!
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #64
5ABI VT

Got some tape and more foam to cover the front and back. Can easily flip this thing around the floor while taping with no worry.

Not really sure why I bought these .. Spares I guess but I'm tempted to use them because they look so much nicer . What's the opinion on msd coils vs stockers ?
Old 08-06-2014   #65
Dynomite

Quote:

Not really sure why I bought these .. Spares I guess but I'm tempted to use them because they look so much nicer . What's the opinion on msd coils vs stockers ?
I use them on a 90' and they ARE purty.

Then i covered them up with the Plenum.
But.......with TB coolant blocked at injector housing I can remove plenum in 10 min and look at them

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #66
FU

Put some more tape on it

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #67
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
Put some more tape on it
Lol I plan to.. but realized that tomorrow ill be crossing the border and depending on the officer I may have to pull over and they'll tear all the packaging off and I'll have to redo it anyways. I did find a box that better fit the plenum.. but its very thin, this coilover box is clearly a beefed up cardboard and I think Im going to stick with it. Will check the recycling at work today for more boxes. I still want to double box it as suggested. We do have some Large plastic bins at work that would be perfect.. Ill be asking if I can take one home with me.
Old 08-06-2014   #68
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I use them on a 90' and they ARE purty.

Then i covered them up with the Plenum.
But.......with TB coolant blocked at injector housing I can remove plenum in 10 min and look at them
Having mine plugged at the His too Just a thought... HAd an idea to mount a cpu case fan under the plenum blowing air towards the coils and out the back.. Or do you think there would be sufficient flow under there?
Old 08-06-2014   #69
Dynomite

Quote:
Having mine plugged at the His too Just a thought... HAd an idea to mount a cpu case fan under the plenum blowing air towards the coils and out the back.. Or do you think there would be sufficient flow under there?
Do not think that would help cool engine much as you are just moving hot air around

Good for you on TB block and doing it the right way (blocking at Injector Housing). No one has to know if you leave TB hoses in place. Just have to put a plug on other end going to coolant reservoir but you can leave it look stock

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-06-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #70
Schrade

Quote:
I've considered this too. I got a tower fan, couple HD fans, etc...

ANY air movement is better than NO air movement.

MORE air movement is better than air movement.

Especially for the IG Module...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote