ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-07-2014   #71
5ABI VT

Default Re: Pulling the plenum / IH Some pics !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I've considered this too. I got a tower fan, couple HD fans, etc...

ANY air movement is better than NO air movement.

MORE air movement is better than air movement.

Especially for the IG Module...
Pretty much what I'm thinking. It can only get hotter under there and a fan or 2 might create some air movement under there . Like a computer cup that uses paste air flow is critical . The module isn't needing Requiring that much cooling but it does use paste.. Which tells me it can get hot anything that might help keep it cooler is a good thing. CPU fans come in various sizes and looks now and don't draw much power either. Something else to add to the list .. With the coolant blocked off I think it will be fun to play with the idea over the winter.

Happy with the packaging .. Got some foam and cut it to shape and they're surrounded good.
Test fit

Bubble wrapped and added a few sheets on all sides with the foam..

On my way to ship everything . Will start pulling the exhaust tonight to get ready for the clutch /lt flywheel install !
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #72
5ABI VT

Everything is out. Insured for 2k on the plenum and 500 I think for injector housings. least if they get lost itll put a dent in what I would have to pay to make a new billet manifold =D> Maybe NRE can build me one.. but I don't feel like giving up my kidneys just yet.

Anyways I wanted to post up a closer pic of the bowl area. Do you guys agree this isn't part of the factory 93+ upgrade?

Ive dremeled a set of wheels before to look the way I wanted.. sure looks hand done to me.
Old 08-07-2014   #73
Jagdpanzer

Looks about the same as this one off a 94 which has neever been touch since leaving the factory.
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014   #74
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Looks about the same as this one off a 94 which has neever been touch since leaving the factory.
That makes me feel better. Just surprised it's so rough .surely a machine didn't do the work ?
Old 08-08-2014   #75
Jagdpanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
That makes me feel better. Just surprised it's so rough .surely a machine didn't do the work ?
I always wondered where Fred Flintstone ended up after his TV show ended.
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014   #76
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
I always wondered where Fred Flintstone ended up after his TV show ended.
Ahaha my faith has been restored .. I guess I do just have a fast one ! Now it's clean up time in the valley and time to remove the secondaries . Yesterday I was in buffalo and searched several auto parts stores for a black oil filter .. No luck. I guess I'll just order them off eBay. Did pick up a 2000lb trans jack.. This thing will surely help with the trans.
Old 08-12-2014   #77
5ABI VT

Just wanted to ask about 1 line in particular but figured while I was on the photo I may as well ask about a few just for clarification.

1. Coolant
2. ?? (evap?)
3. PCV
4. PCV vacuum
5. ?? (secondaries?)
6. Coolant
7. ?? No idea here.
8. ?? Don't even recall this on my motor but thought I'd ask since I saw it in the pic

Old 08-12-2014   #78
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Just wanted to ask about 1 line in particular but figured while I was on the photo I may as well ask about a few just for clarification.

1. Coolant
2. ?? (evap?)
3. PCV
4. PCV vacuum
5. ?? (secondaries?)
6. Coolant
7. ?? No idea here.
8. ?? Don't even recall this on my motor but thought I'd ask since I saw it in the pic

5ABI VT,

If I remember correct from your corvetteforum thread, you have a 94 or a 95. Picture above is of an early car. 94 and 95s are configured slightly different on the driver side.
On later cars 7, I believe, is a vacuum line that connects to a "T" splitting to vacuum reservoir (black plastic ball) and the other side to cruise control servo. I will check later but I don't recall seeing 8 on my 94.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #79
5ABI VT

Finally got back in the garage and spent the first 2 hours searching for a 7mm wrench and then buying one :/. Needed it to pull the secondary linkage off. Started cleaning up and it looks like the ac compressor needs to move to get the vent cover off so I might just leave it as is and wipe what I can. Got the linkages off easy just need to pull the bearings/bushings out and plug them which I'll do tomorrow after cleaning up the gunk.

My biggest concern is the snake pit of vaccum lines still. There looks to be 2 solenoids here anyone know which is the evap ? The one on the left had a small maze of vaccum lines that in praying I don't have to reuse .

Old 09-23-2014   #80
5ABI VT

Started the clean up a bit just using water for now. What are your guys thoughts on cleaning the plenum before install ? Was thinking blow, brush and power wash