ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-12-2022   #71
zyal8r

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season now available

Looks like these are turning out to be a great tire! It's nice to see this choice available, I think this is what I'm going to do on both my C4s. I was considering the Nittos, but, I like all the positive comments thus far on the Michelins.
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022   #72
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
I did not think I would like these tires, but after putting them on the DD Benz I wish they had these available in 18 inch sizes for our car. I do not use my 17 inch wheels, but I can imagine some of you are going to like these and be very happy with them. Not many good choices in 18 inch tires these days too. [emoji22]

Attachment 17962
What are the highlights of these in your experience so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyal8r View Post
Looks like these are turning out to be a great tire! It's nice to see this choice available, I think this is what I'm going to do on both my C4s. I was considering the Nittos, but, I like all the positive comments thus far on the Michelins.
Make sure you read the other reviews out there for those that have many more miles on these tires. The reviews across the board (3+ different resellers) are not great. Doesn't mean they won't work for a given driver, but a lot of the reviews would make me think twice.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022   #73
NVRL8TE

Taken at a show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6E700536-899B-4528-94A1-566479FFB871.jpg (109.3 KB, 56 views)
NVRL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022   #74
zyal8r

Today we bought a set of these Michelins for our '17 Ford Flex Ecoboost. While it clearly isn't a Corvette, they are a lot better than the stock Hankooks on that car. Very quiet on the highway and I hit a few curves today to play with it. The car felt very flat (for a toaster!) and I like the tires. Likely to get a set for one of the C4s and see how I like them there before buying for both cars. I also have a set of Shelbys for the ZR-1 but would have to go with Continentals (which seem good) if I want to use them soon-ish, as BFGs seem to be on backorder. No matter what I do, it can't be any worse than the 19yr old F1 GSD3s on my '96 or the original GSCs on the ZR-1!
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022   #75
tokuzumi

The tires on the 94 I just bought are from 2013 in the rear and 2011 in the front. July is 3 paycheck month, so I'll reach out to my local tire shop to order a set in a couple weeks.
tokuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022   #76
tnse

This link (below) shows a 1994 ZR-1 going through a full detail to bring back the paint finish. It shows what is possible with paint correction and protection. But the pictures do show the car with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires on factory wheels from multiple angles. This should help give a good idea on how they appear on the car. While a few of the initial pictures have a different set of Toyo Extensa tires, it seems most of the later ones show the PS AS4 in some detail. So it seems there was a change of the tires at some point starting with picture #56 in the process (unsure why). It does allow some visual comparison for those who are curious and want to know the differences (however slight) in the style/appearance (the average person will likely never notice the different look of tires on a car).

Picture #132 shows the width of the 315 rear tires on the car while picture #134 shows the appearance of the 275 front tires on the car. Picture #194 shows the set of 4 off the car.

https://v8speedshop.com/1994-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-nh/

For those interested in the detail and restoration process there is also a video:
https://youtu.be/O4gSLjSvHUc
tnse is offline   Reply With Quote