ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Canadian Region

Old 07-26-2009   #1
MB ZR1

Default Let my girlfriend drive my vette

My dirlfriend really wanted to drive my vette so we went for a drive. She drove it like a champ. I even let her be my DD in it. Next time she wants to really step on the gas.

1990 ZR-1 S/n 1096
MB ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #2
Cdn ZR1 95

Default Re: Let my girlfriend drive my vette

Open offer to my wife. She is not that fancy on a 6sp however. Looking for a 04 CE Vert (they are getting dirt cheap now) that we can drive a little more in the summer and I still won't bring myself to get an auto!
Cdn ZR1 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009   #3
rhipsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn ZR1 95 View Post
Open offer to my wife. She is not that fancy on a 6sp however. Looking for a 04 CE Vert (they are getting dirt cheap now) that we can drive a little more in the summer and I still won't bring myself to get an auto!
My wife is ZR-1 illiterate. The first time I let her drive it she could'nt figure out how to release the parking brake. She saw that the break light was on and just drove it anyway and smoked the rear brake. And she says to my "I wondered what smelled like it was burning. Dahhh! The second time she calls me at work and says she can't figure out how to get the key out of the ignition flipping out over it. I told her please just step away from my beloved toy before you "F" something up again. So she's not allowed to touch it.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #4
mrand

A few months after I met my girlfriend, I was so impressed with how well she drove compared to other women I'd seen driving (besides my mom), that I let her drive the ZR-1 on the day that I wasn't driving it at the Porche driving school at Texas World Speedway. It was free driving if you worked a corner for one day, so she worked a corner on Saturday and I worked a corner on Sunday.

That was more than 12 years ago, and she is my wife now. Wow, have I really had my ZR-1 for that long?!
Marc
mrand is offline   Reply With Quote