ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Japan

Old 08-23-2018   #21
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Yokosuka Naval Base Friendship Day Car Show 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogs View Post
That trip I remember taking the train to Roppongi lots of beer was involved.

Ha ha! Roppongi is one of my favorite places to get in trouble!!! The honeys too.....

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018   #22
G-Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Thanks G! I’m still trying to wrap up my DeWitts radiator upgrade. It took longer for me to find the wrench I dropped than to do the radiator R/R. Our cars sure do have some good hiding places when you drop stuff. I can’t wait to try out different mounting locations and scenes.

At least you have nice, open roads in your neighborhood; wait till you see some of my videos. Ha, ha and funny story. We probably all have crazy burnout stories and upset neighbors from our younger days.

The video was on you tube at one time, but not now and I only have them on DVD. Nothing special and training day so not allow to go WOT. I did find that the stock Z does not having enough brakes and power to last all day on a track like Laguna Seca.

Thanks again and take care.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I hope your DeWitts radiator upgrade is progressing. Oh, yes, I've dropped a few tools and parts down into the dark recesses of engines in my day, too. Not the ZR-1, though... yet.

It sounds like the Leguna Seca track was at least good experience... and lessons learned about the Z.

I'm just itching for a break in this hot/humid weather to try taking some Z GoPro videos. Fall is right around the corner here, and some of the most beautiful colors are to be enjoyed. If and when I do, I'll try to post them up.

Took the Z to another Cars & Coffee last weekend. A very nice variety of cars there. The Z got decent attention. I also enjoyed talking with other owners - a 'raised' Miata racer, a guy in his mid-80s with a 2017 Challenger, a VW club, a '58 C-1 owner, '83 911, C-7 GS, '95 Toyota Supra, and more. It was the first time I'd heard of a 'raised' Miata - the young guy was going to race it off-road in September - sounds like a blast. The C-1 gentleman restored his car from the ground up - looked very nice. Those Supras were impressive for their day, and in ways still are. The VW group is definitely more light-hearted and fun-loving than most. Anyway, lots and lots of other cars of all types, including exotics. A great morning.

All the best,
G
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018   #23
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
Hi Craig,

I hope your DeWitts radiator upgrade is progressing. Oh, yes, I've dropped a few tools and parts down into the dark recesses of engines in my day, too. Not the ZR-1, though... yet.

It sounds like the Leguna Seca track was at least good experience... and lessons learned about the Z.

I'm just itching for a break in this hot/humid weather to try taking some Z GoPro videos. Fall is right around the corner here, and some of the most beautiful colors are to be enjoyed. If and when I do, I'll try to post them up.

Took the Z to another Cars & Coffee last weekend. A very nice variety of cars there. The Z got decent attention. I also enjoyed talking with other owners - a 'raised' Miata racer, a guy in his mid-80s with a 2017 Challenger, a VW club, a '58 C-1 owner, '83 911, C-7 GS, '95 Toyota Supra, and more. It was the first time I'd heard of a 'raised' Miata - the young guy was going to race it off-road in September - sounds like a blast. The C-1 gentleman restored his car from the ground up - looked very nice. Those Supras were impressive for their day, and in ways still are. The VW group is definitely more light-hearted and fun-loving than most. Anyway, lots and lots of other cars of all types, including exotics. A great morning.

All the best,
G
Hey G,

Thanks for your thoughts and I actually did wrap up the DeWitts radiator install yesterday. I have not had a chance to test it out yet with rain this weekend and typhoon on the way. The small 10mm ratchet wrench fell down into the shroud and could never be imagined how it bounced into there. I think this is the third time over the past 15 years with Z ownership that I had a hard time finding what dropped. The stainless steel bolt was the worse since I could not use a magnet to find and get it.

Yes, tracking these cars really does allow finding the weaknesses in braking and power. I'm working my way to get on Fuji Speedway with a group of Super Cars, but it ain't cheap here. Over $600 to track your car for a day, but I'm going to fork it out for the experience. Of course I have to get the GoPro set up. The suction mount arrived on Friday, but the lanyards have not yet. I can't wait to see your fall colors videos.

Cars and Coffee are always nice to attend and it sounds like a nice variety of cars there. Like you, I can appreciate all of them. I also never heard of a "raised" Miata. I'll be attending one in the next few weeks if weather holds out since Sep is typhoon season here. I'll post some photos if so. I did not bother posting other photos of the Friendship day related to this post figuring this is a ZR-1 site.

Take care and thanks for the note.

Old 09-04-2018   #24
G-Sting

Greetings Craig,

Great to hear the DeWitts radiator project is complete. That Fuji Speedway track looks like a great venue. Would enjoy seeing any shots or video of that, for sure.

All the best,
G
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
Old 09-05-2018   #25
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Greetings Craig,

Great to hear the DeWitts radiator project is complete. That Fuji Speedway track looks like a great venue. Would enjoy seeing any shots or video of that, for sure.

All the best,
G

Thanks for your thoughts G! I gotta make time to drive my car and make sure everything is good to go before taking on the track. I had to pass on the Fuji event this weekend. It’s sounds pretty cool. These Supercars (except mine) meet prior to and do a cruise to Fuji Speedway for the event. I was surprised they even allowed my low budget C4 ZR-1. All the cars are high end, real Supercars. I’ll be sure to share a video when I make it. Here is a clip from one of their promo videos:

https://youtu.be/gnnS4ljiZ7w

Take care,
Craig

Old 09-05-2018   #26
G-Sting

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts G! I gotta make time to drive my car and make sure everything is good to go before taking on the track. I had to pass on the Fuji event this weekend. It’s sounds pretty cool. These Supercars (except mine) meet prior to and do a cruise to Fuji Speedway for the event. I was surprised they even allowed my low budget C4 ZR-1. All the cars are high end, real Supercars. I’ll be sure to share a video when I make it. Here is a clip from one of their promo videos:

https://youtu.be/gnnS4ljiZ7w

Take care,
Craig

You're welcome, Craig. What a great opportunity to be invited to drive the track with them. I'm sure you'll be ready when the time comes. Those 'supercars' are all ZR-1 wanna-be's, anyway.

Best regards,
G
Old 09-07-2018   #27
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
You're welcome, Craig. What a great opportunity to be invited to drive the track with them. I'm sure you'll be ready when the time comes. Those 'supercars' are all ZR-1 wanna-be's, anyway.

Best regards,
G

Thanks G! All they want is the opportunity to take my money. The suction cup mount arrived the other day from Amazon; thanks again. Our car was a supercar back in the day and that’s all that matters....lol. Take care and Aloha! C

Old 09-08-2018   #28
G-Sting

Quote:
Thanks G! All they want is the opportunity to take my money. The suction cup mount arrived the other day from Amazon; thanks again. Our car was a supercar back in the day and that’s all that matters....lol. Take care and Aloha! C