ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2023   #1
zyal8r

Default Mediocre A/C

Hi All... question on air conditioning... had my '95 out yesterday (5900 miles). I had added freon a year ago after it didn't blow any cold air, and got it to blow pretty cool most of the time, and cold sometimes when set at a decent temperature... about 72-74. Yesterday was very hot here in the Kansas City area (and the next several days), about 100*, but was dying to go for a ride as it'd been a while. I thought I'd make sure it was full (knowing the system was okay at best on a hot day), and it would not take anymore freon, the low side gauge would go in to the red, but the compressor was cycling on and off throughout this process, and the air didn't stay cold. I had the temperature down as low as it would go, and fan set on high. So the air throughout this ride was what I'd call mediocre... and I left the temp on 60 the whole way (about 20 miles).

I know that the ZR-1's A/C is different/smaller than the LT1/4, thus the windshield (and let me tell [show] you... if there is any ZR-1 windshield that is blocking rays... it's mine!!).

Just wondering how everyone else's experiences are on a 100* day - are you comfortable and is it blowing cold air the whole time? Do I have an issue? I haven't scanned for codes yet but I will when I have some time. Also, after one hard pull, my check engine and service ASR lights came on for a few minutes and I felt some stumbling.

I should mention that I had to put a new battery in it before this ride. It was down for a few weeks during a vacation, etc.

Anyway, pics of the windshield which by all means is REALLY good at blocking the sun! (Sorry I can't get it to rotate... tried from PC and from phone... turn your head!)

IMG_7088.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4

Last edited by zyal8r; 08-21-2023 at 11:42 PM.
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote