ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013   #1
Tony Davila

Exclamation WATER /METH INJ Dyno Run results

Okay guys I ran my car on the dyno and here is what I have found. Below is the original thread about the water meth injections.
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11233
Dyno run was done with an outside air temp of 64F. Water Meth injection is more popularly used with boosted vehicles since the air intake temp is heated up from the compression of air and the water meth injection cools the compressed air thus allowing for more usable power not being robbed from the hot air. Naturally aspirated high compression engines such as ours will benefit from the use of the water meth injection when the outside air temp is high, say in the mid to high 90s and your car is breathing in all that hot air off the asphalt.

TEST #1 BASE RUN

BASE Run no Water/Meth injection. Chart above. Temp 64F, Water Temp 180F at WOT.

Test #2 50/50 mix

Chart above was with 50/50 mix injection. I think this run is void due to I had a 5 min cool down then ran WOT. Upon completion my engine temp was 198F. I believe my engine was heat soaked and therefore my power was down. The injection of the 50/50 mix did not make a difference during that run.

TEST #3

Test #3 was run with a 75%met and 25% water mixture. I allowed the engine to cool back down to the original run temp. It resulted in 2 more HP and 6 lbs of torque more. I believe with a little more Meth it might have been more.

So for all you guys wondering how it will affect your LT5, now you know. I will continue to tweek it with a little more meth in the future. It seems to run better with more Meth than the original 50/50 mix. The benefits as stated are that it does raise your octane and help clean your pistons and valves when using it. During the summer it may be the best aid in reducing the heat in the intake and allow for full power. As you know the LT5 does not like heat.

I like the results, let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Tony Davila; 02-03-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Tony Davila is offline   Reply With Quote