ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 02-03-2016   #1
MickeyD

Default Texas Meet Anyone?

Anyone up for doing a Texas meet again? Dave? Steve? Dan? Weather's been great. Know it's soon since last one but maybe we could discuss BG caravan this May?
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016   #2
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Texas Meet Anyone?

I'm in for anything/everything. We def need to start talking about the BG caravan. We can discuss at the meet. Anyone else in?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016   #3
MickeyD

Dave should we maybe throw a post in General section?
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
Old 02-05-2016   #4
RHanselman

been a long break for me and the Z... Would love to join...

Cheers,
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016   #5
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHanselman View Post
been a long break for me and the Z... Would love to join...

Cheers,
We've done one in Buffalo and one in Austin. Anywhere is fine with me. Always up for a drive.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
Old 02-07-2016   #6
Fully Vetted

We've actually done 3. The first one was in Hico at a state park. That may be a little far for the Houston guys, though. Do you guys want to meet at Saltlicks again or try something different? We could get crazy, drive out to Ft. Stockton, bust down the gates, do a victory lap and then get the hell outta Dodge. Last one out the gate pays the fines!

Blanco square has a couple of places to eat. One (The Chess Club) is fantastic but tough to get into unless we're early.

There's the Blue Bonnet Café in Marble Falls...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover

Last edited by Fully Vetted; 02-07-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2016   #7
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
We've actually done 3. The first one was in Hico at a state park. That may be a little far for the Houston guys, though. Do you guys want to meet at Saltlicks again or try something different? We could get crazy, drive out to Ft. Stockton, bust down the gates, do a victory lap and then get the hell outta Dodge. Last one out the gate pays the fines!

Blanco square has a couple of places to eat. One (The Chess Club) is fantastic but tough to get into unless we're early.

Forgot about one in Hico. If I wasn't there it didn't happen! Lol. Oh well, thats what I get for thinking. Dave do you want to post something in CF or do you want me to?

Btw, I'm ok with anywhere. If it's a long drive, I would be ok with hotel stay just so not traveling at night in case of breakdowns. I'll go with what everyone else wants to do.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
Old 02-08-2016   #8
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
.... Blanco square has a couple of places to eat. One (The Chess Club) is fantastic but tough to get into unless we're early.

Well, you're getting "dangerously" close to my old stompin' grounds ... so let me suggest a couple of really outstanding BBQ places (the brisket is outstanding, possibly the best in Texas) ... Cooper's BBQ in either Llano or Mason. Definitely worth the drive. I always preferred the Mason location until the health department forced them to put a floor in the "dining room" ... years ago it was a tin shack with picnic tables and dirt floor and had the best ambiance of any BBQ place in the hill country.

Shoot, let me know the date and I might be tempted to drive in for the event ... I need an excuse to check the fence line on my ranchland located between the two Cooper establishments.
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016   #9
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
Forgot about one in Hico. If I wasn't there it didn't happen! Lol. Oh well, thats what I get for thinking. Dave do you want to post something in CF or do you want me to?

Btw, I'm ok with anywhere. If it's a long drive, I would be ok with hotel stay just so not traveling at night in case of breakdowns. I'll go with what everyone else wants to do.
If you could post in CF that would be great. Let's try and get a consensus of what everyone wants to do and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Well, you're getting "dangerously" close to my old stompin' grounds ... so let me suggest a couple of really outstanding BBQ places (the brisket is outstanding, possibly the best in Texas) ... Cooper's BBQ in either Llano or Mason. Definitely worth the drive. I always preferred the Mason location until the health department forced them to put a floor in the "dining room" ... years ago it was a tin shack with picnic tables and dirt floor and had the best ambiance of any BBQ place in the hill country.

Shoot, let me know the date and I might be tempted to drive in for the event ... I need an excuse to check the fence line on my ranchland located between the two Cooper establishments.
Coopers was rated the Best BBQ in Texas a few years ago. I've driven by the Llano location before but never eaten there.

Gunny, that would be outstanding if you could join us.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 02-10-2016   #10
MickeyD

[QUOTE=Fully Vetted;238114]If you could post in CF that would be great. Let's try and get a consensus of what everyone wants to do and go from

Dave I posted on CF today. Anyone else have suggestion for where? I know it's a long way for some but I can offer my place. Lots of room and lots of good restaurants. Or can BBQ or order in. Just a thought. Would like to discuss big group going to BG.

If any Louisiana guys want in I would say your welcome too!
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469

Last edited by MickeyD; 02-10-2016 at 09:39 PM.