ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 01-17-2019   #1
QB93Z

Default Resignation of Jim Voter from the Board of Directors

Hello to the members of the ZR-1 Net Registry.

On Wednesday, January 16th, I informed the Board of Directors that I have resigned from the Board, and the Board has accepted my resignation.

My decision to resign is based completely on personal reasons and in no way what so ever does it reflect negatively on any members or actions of the Board. I am very proud of what the Board has accomplished in the recent years. The Registry is in excellent condition. I am sure that the leadership of the Registry is in very good hands.

The demands on my time trying to run our family business, Gizmos Art, manage 15 rental units, and taking Corvette Road Trips more frequently have created a situation that I cannot devote the time that is required to properly fulfill my duties as a Director on the Board.

It has been an honor and a privilege to be a part of the leadership of the Registry. I intend to remain active in the Registry and in WAZOO, and I will help with Registry events as much as I can.

Thank you to Dennis, Mark, Paul, John, Brett, Ted, David and Hans for understanding and supporting my decision.

Jim Voter

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019   #2
Mystic ZR-1

Default Re: Resignation of Jim Voter from the Board of Directors

Jim
Thanks for all you’ve done for our community
and your efforts to help keep things
on a “zero bubble” around here!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019   #3
FU

Jim, Your time and hard work has been much appreciated and invaluable to our club. Wishing you the best.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019   #4
ZR1North

Thank you indeed for ALL you have done for the Registry, Jim. I cannot think of anyone who has contributed more during my many years as a member. You leave huge shoes to fill, especially as HOTB editor. We look forward to seeing you at events and being in the "luggage area" on your future Corvette trips.

Take care,

Bob
ZR1North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019   #5
JFFerner

Jim, thanks for all your efforts and considerations, making this club have a viable, knowledgeable and fun atmosphere. Be assured you are well appreciated by many.
JFFerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019   #6
dredgeguy

Jim with all you have going on we sure understand. We appreciate all your efforts and time devoted to the Registry.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019   #7
lfalzarano

Thanks for all the advice over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 01-18-2019   #8
efnfast

Jim, I kept trying to think of what to say. The guys above said all the things I feel. Thank you for your efforts. - Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019   #9
Vette Guy

Steve,

Let me help... The Board very reluctantly accepted Jim's resignation. It has certainly been our pleasure to have Jim serve with us for as long as he has (from 2010-2019, and President from 2011-2012). For those who don't know, Jim is the longest ever serving member of the Board of Directors, and in addition to President, has been our Vice President, Chairman of the Board, Treasurer, Forum Chairman, Webmaster, HotB Editor, and most recently Events Director. In addition, for the past 9 years, Jim has worked every Registry event attended, in addition to hosting so many WAZOO maintenance events at his home... which is where I first met Jim in 2009, and why the WAZOO group has thrived all these years.

Jim's steadfast leadership, level-headed viewpoints and ability to articulate what was best for the organization is why we are still here today. The ZR-1 Net Registry will very much miss having Jim on the board, and I echo everyone’s comments that this is a huge loss to the Registry. We've asked Jim to consider serving on the board again in the future should time become available. That said, Jim has given more time and effort to the Registry than I could possibly try to calculate - from working all the positions held, to researching VINs and options that are posted in the website, to dozens of technical articles, and all the detailed posts and articles about his ZR-1 adventures across the United States and Canada.

So, what I can't say enough is: Thank you Jim for all you've given this organization. We so greatly value your work and all you've accomplished. We are sad to see you leave the Board, but so fortunate you were a part of us and for so long.

Best Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385

Last edited by Vette Guy; 01-19-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019   #10
A26B

Jim,
Knowing the trials we faced during the Registry "conversion" period, I admire your tenacity & dedication to see a thankless, volunteer job through the difficulties.

You (and Mindy) were/are always present at gatherings, taking care of registration, minding the store and helping new members, while the rest of us were enjoying the fruits of your labor. Now you can partake of the fun part.

Then there is "Wazoo." There's no telling how much time and expense you contributed to helping ZR-1 owners with problem solving and maintenance. The real contribution was bringing owners together to become part of the family, building the foundation for the future of the ZR-1 Net Registry.

Jim, I am proud to be you friend and always look forward to seeing you again when you hit the mother road again. Karen & I now live just off Route 66 in Arcadia. We'll leave a light on for you!!

THANK YOU JIM
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote