ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2014   #21
Dynomite

Default Re: My Billet alt is here and it fits !! pics and input welcome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
How it looks so far. Did a little touch up work on the alt. rerouted the harness etc so its out of sight. Ill be doing a lot more of that over the winter under the hood Top end is progressing finally too.. should be running soon !

Interested on how the Plenum fits in regard to the Alternator side Connections.
Also.....you said somewhere you could have gotten a thicker ear on the alternator so as not to have to use shims?
I know you mentioned Alternator Pulley diameter somewhere but to put all in one post, what Alternator Pulley Diameter did you end up with?
I think you also mentioned you went with 180 amps?

Have to study your solutions regarding the Alternator wiring/connections one more time. I assume you ended up using an adapter for the OEM Alternator Connector to fit the Billet Aluminum Alternator? Or you modified the wiring yourself but there are Connector Adapters available like WVZR-1 suggests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
If you haven't cut/spliced the alternator connector I believe I'd maybe consider a conversation with these folks for a harness. Scroll down to the W3030D and that is correct for the car harness, ask them if they can assemble you a short harness to your requirement. If you need some additional length they can accommodate you. No cut/splice solder and no aggravation. I'm quite surprised knowing the $$$$$'s you paid DC POWER that they didn't accommodate you. It's attention to "detail" that finishes a project and I'd think they came up short. http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/item...-Harnesses.htm

I believe the Denso plug is a 312 but I'm sure these people would understand and you've got you snapshots.
Anyway.....you know where I am going with this......I definitely appreciate what you are doing in the LT5 restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Make sense, I actually like the side mounted battery mount. The mount at the rear sucks. Ive packed away my electrical suppliment since Im moving maybe somebody will chime in. I love the billet personally, love the buzzsaw look and im surprised Cliff isnt all over this.... Yet
Cliff is watching......now studying

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-15-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote