ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Technical Questions

Old 08-27-2006   #11
evl_twn

Default Re: lumbar pump repair

Fixed it tonight. I went out and got some Lexol to clean and protect the seats, so I went ahead and pulled the driver's side seat out (better to clean it that way, too ) and had a look inside. I should have taken some pics, but what I found was a bracket was actually missing that holds the right side inner side bolster in place, and the return spring was loose inside the seat. The plate sort of hinges, with the air bladder sandwiched in between. I'm not sure how it came apart, or what happened to the bracket, but I ended up making one out of aluminum stock I had laying around. The inner bolster was not even in the correct "hinged" position, it was just loose inside the seat, and so was the air bladder. Kinda makes me wonder what happened to it. All is better with my interior now though, all clean and the seats even work
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #12
WB9MCW

GOOD JOB AND NICE DETAILED FOLLOW UP FOR OTHERS
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #13
evl_twn

Well, I should have taken some pics while I was in there to help someone else out if they're having problems, too. Here's the seat section of the microfiche from Kurt White's page, the bracket that was missing is part #45, it keeps the moving plate (23) from sliding off the fixed plate (24), and the air bladder (9) also is fixed to the moving plate by sliding over the tabs that it hinges on.

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/46804/i/databas...01994-1995.jpg
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #14
We Gone

Glad you got it fixed..

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold