ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Mid-Atlantic Region

Old 06-13-2012   #21
HIZNHRZ

Default Re: WMD - Saturday, 9 June 2012 - WAZOO

Thanks for the help and an overall great day. Nice to see a host of new ZR-1s in the area and their owners. The car ran like new on the way home. The clutch is very smooth and quiet; my speedo and odometer are working again, and the car idles the way it's supposed to. It was good and hot when I got home and there is no more flywheel rattle.

Jim, you garage is incredible. Not once did we need a tool that wasn't available and your inventory of parts is even more impressive. Darrin, the only thing more impressive than how you worked your *** off were the results. You and The Captain made a great team. Yun, your finesse and patience on all the "darn near impossible to replace and hard to fix items" is another real talent.

As much as I like my ZR-1 I'm not sure I'd have it now if it were not for WAZOO. Thanks again.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #22
SteelBlueZR1

After 10 months of ownership, we finally took our ZR1 on a road trip. We just returned from a 350 mile trip to Front Royal, VA to share an incredible 12 course dinner at the Inn at Little Washington. The food, service, and 4 hours enjoying the gastronaut menu was beyond incredible and worth the $400. Thanks to WAZOO crew for ensuring my Z run perfectly, all the while returning 22mpg.

The biggest surprise was how much better the shifting feel and ease is with the new Castrol/BMW fluid in the trans. Last September I changed the trans fluid with GM Synchromesh, and the trans was at times hard into third and first, and notchy in all gears. With the Castrol, shifting shifts smooth and clash free whether accelerating fast or slow.
Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelBlueZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #23
secondchance

Great to hear all is well!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote