ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Technical Questions

Old 09-02-2007   #1
40zr1

Thumbs up 64 fuelie vette

have a chance to buy a 64 vette, suspose to be Fuel Injection. How can I determine if it is? Any numbers? Where? Naturally FI long gone! Block has been decked. Does have high rev tach. right front crunched at headlight!
40zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007   #2
ctjackster

Default Re: 64 fuelie vette

Others have more knowledge on this, but some tell-tales of an original fuelie car are (1) the original radiator support (hole and screw holes showing threads for the "S"-tube) although such could have been added, (2) the left inner fender would have holes and tapping plate for the air cleaner, (3) the front fenders would show holes for the F.I. emblems (or perhaps they were glassed over, but visible from inside), (4) a pig tail with a connector coming out the main engine harness around where the throttle linkage is - supplied voltage to the fuel bypass solenoid.

good luck
ctjackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007   #3
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40zr1
have a chance to buy a 64 vette, suspose to be Fuel Injection. How can I determine if it is? Any numbers? Where? Naturally FI long gone! Block has been decked. Does have high rev tach. right front crunched at headlight!
I've got a complete '64 FI system including air cleaner, s-tube and distributor
so if you want to make it right ...
There are procedures to read the stampings even though the deck has been cut. The NCRS guys on the "other" forum might be able to help.
gbrtng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007   #4
Z Factor

Cool Re: 64 fuelie vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjackster
Others have more knowledge on this, but some tell-tales of an original fuelie car are (1) the original radiator support (hole and screw holes showing threads for the "S"-tube) although such could have been added, (2) the left inner fender would have holes and tapping plate for the air cleaner, (3) the front fenders would show holes for the F.I. emblems (or perhaps they were glassed over, but visible from inside), (4) a pig tail with a connector coming out the main engine harness around where the throttle linkage is - supplied voltage to the fuel bypass solenoid.

good luck
Thanks for helping, and welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng
I've got a complete '64 FI system including air cleaner, s-tube and distributor
so if you want to make it right ...
There are procedures to read the stampings even though the deck has been cut. The NCRS guys on the "other" forum might be able to help.
We have some NCRS guys here as well, so there is no need to go to that "other forum".

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #5
40zr1

gbtrng
yes, I'm interested in your FI unit. Please call 985-758-1230 after 6 pm cst. Is it the early or later '64 FI. thanks
Oh, the car does have FI emblems on fenders
40zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #6
WB9MCW

GOOD LUCK 40zr1 ON THE POTENTIAL SCORE ---POST SUM PIC'S IF YOU GET HER!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote