ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-27-2020   #41
Prez1967

Default Re: Looking to get into my 1st ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
There not investments C4 ZR1's...Its stuck in the Bastard generation of corvettes and that's not going to change...

Most C4's on the road are really not that taken care of...Buy one to drive...The motor alone will get plenty attention at car shows ..You will get the phrase " I remember when these came out " all the time....

Since its over 25 years old your classic insurance will be super cheap and its a ten dollar safety inspection in most states..
I agree on the "Buy and drive". Dont overpay for an "investment"... buy a driver, enjoy the hell out of it considering how cheap insurance is.

If it goes up in 20-30-40 years, great. If not, think of the stories you'll have...

I bought mine to pass down to my boys. Just like the 93 Mustang I own for 20 years already, imagine the stories we'll be able to tell down the road of the 94 ZR1 dad bought on 4th of July during a Pandemic...
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020   #42
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Looking to get into my 1st ZR1

Quote:
There not investments C4 ZR1's...Its stuck in the Bastard generation of corvettes and that's not going to change...

Most C4's on the road are really not that taken care of...Buy one to drive...The motor alone will get plenty attention at car shows ..You will get the phrase " I remember when these came out " all the time....

Since its over 25 years old your classic insurance will be super cheap and its a ten dollar safety inspection in most states..

I couldn?t agree with you more. I enjoy the hell out of mine, spent more than it will ever be worth, and don?t even care. I just love it for what it is and nothing more. I can think of tons of better things to invest in and definitely not any C4. They?re a poor man?s kind of, sort of Supercar of it?s day.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020   #43
dredgeguy

The adventures (C4 Gathering at Bowling Green, Tail of the Dragon, Carlisle, cars and coffee) and the lifelong friendships I have made since owning my Z make it PRICELESS!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #44
Vette73

Another good thing to consider though,it does qualify now as a classic....Which means you won't in fact see many on the road...Which means when you do see one in nice shape it does stand out...

The C4 I think is the lowest in height among all the vettes I believe and one of the most aerodynamic ones ever produced...

A lot don't realize how much aerodynamics plays when your getting into the triple digits..Given the low roof line of the C4 and the wide *** on the ZR-1 and rear wheels it gives a pretty aggressive look, especially if the back is lowered a few inches..

With the ZR-1 you can argue you have the best of the " Bastard" generation....Few would disagree...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #45
Prez1967

Quote:
Another good thing to consider though,it does qualify now as a classic....Which means you won't in fact see many on the road...Which means when you do see one in nice shape it does stand out...

The C4 I think is the lowest in height among all the vettes I believe and one of the most aerodynamic ones ever produced...

A lot don't realize how much aerodynamics plays when your getting into the triple digits..Given the low roof line of the C4 and the wide *** on the ZR-1 and rear wheels it gives a pretty aggressive look, especially if the back is lowered a few inches..

With the ZR-1 you can argue you have the best of the " Bastard" generation....Few would disagree...
C4 Drag Coefficient 0.34
C5 Drag Coefficient 0.29

1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #46
longhorns05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez1967 View Post
C4 Drag Coefficient 0.34
C5 Drag Coefficient 0.29
This is true, however the C4 does have a frontal area advantage.

"Because it has a greater frontal area, the C5 Z06 actually has slightly more drag than a C4 Corvette"

Honeycutt, J 2009, "Corvette Wind Tunnel Testing-Aero Evolution"
Super Chevy

94 ZR-1 Red/Blk 368ci
SW headers, hf cats, Corsa

16 GT-R Blk/Blk Stg1 3.8
BL1200X, Shep1k, Motec
1250 whp on pump e85
longhorns05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020   #47
Bob Eyres

Default Looking to get into my 1st ZR1

That?s why the C4 ZR-1 has a higher top speed than the first ZO6?s.
In fact, it?s the fastest factory stock production Chevrolet ( or any GM production car ), of the Twentieth Century. Bragging rights...Yesss.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote