ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

View Poll Results: Would you opt for a Lifetime Membership if it were available?
Yes 23 28.05%
No 29 35.37%
Maybe (more info needed or depending on price) 30 36.59%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2013   #11
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Lifetime Membership discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
This is only two days old....let it sit for a couple weeks to see what happens or does not happen
I am surprised that this is not in the Paying Members Only Section or moved to that section
I have an idea......let me delete my four posts in this thread to see if that makes a difference
I will delete my four posts tomorrow for you

The replies will then be cut down to 7. If the replies go up after that you will know you Hit Pay Dirt
Cliff,

If it was my decision, I would make it available to members today. This is something that we can't just do for many reasons. (we will have to make an aaddendum to the bylaws"

Not only do we have to make it worthwhile to members *, but it has to economically feasible for the club.

I would like get the lifetime membership myself!

David

* There are some new products/ merchandise were are working on!
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #12
tf95ZR1

Is this about members saving money (remember, you own
a ZR-1, not a Yugo or Hundai), or about building up the club's
reserve? Why does the club need more $$, ie for what events,
specials, etc., and why would the club be afraid of not having
enough members/$$ in the future? Would it be easier (accounting)
to have LM's? Just wonderin'

Last edited by tf95ZR1; 01-12-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Wanted 2
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #13
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 View Post
Is this about members saving money (remember, you own
a ZR-1, not a Yugo or Hundai), or about building up the club's
reserve? Why does the club need more $$, ie for what events,
specials, etc., and why would the club be afraid of not having
enough members/$$ in the future? Would it be easier (accounting)
to have LM's? Just wonderin'
Ted,

Speaking for myself, and for some members I've heard from.... I don't think members are trying to save money. I "think" it's all about supporting your club, getting perks / benefits and not having to worry about renewing again.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #14
A26B

David,
I do not think revisions to the bylaws are necessary to create a membership option for paying dues,i.e. a one time,ump sum payment for dues that would last for a members lifetime. NOTE: I did not use the term "Lifetime Member," simply because there is already a "Lifetime Member" in the bylaws. The "Lifetime Member" in the bylaws is a bestowment to a Registry member who has excelled in service to the registry over a long period of time and is recognized by the Registry. (refer to the bylaws)
Instead, for the dues option referred to, I would suggest something along the line of "Perpetual Membership" or similar term.
Such a membership option could be initiated or withdrawn if it proved impractical to continue (those who opted in would of course remain as such). Memberships of the proposed type would be no more or less than "Regular Members" in accordance with the bylaws.
Done on my IPhone so please excuse errors)
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #15
gbrtng

If I sell my ZR-1 next year I have wasted whatever the lifetime membership costs.
As I said earlier, this has happened before in the ZR-1 community and I got scr##ed out
of a portion of a "lifetime" membership. Fool me once, shame on me ...
Go ahead and offer one, I won't bite again.
Old 01-22-2013   #16
Ronstar

OP states he thinks ZR-1 ownership should be a requirement for lifetime membership. That makes no sense to me. Why?
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #17
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
OP states he thinks ZR-1 ownership should be a requirement for lifetime membership. That makes no sense to me. Why?
Why not? You can buy a regular membership with no qualifiers if you so choose. That's only for Lifetime Membership and it's meant just to be another qualifier. It adds another level of commitment, that in order to be a LM you have to be an owner. To me LM needs to be something special and not something that just anyone with $350 in their pocket can purchase.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #18
A26B

If there were a lifetime membership, it must be more than $350. The Registry doesn't make much on membership. If you freeze the annual cost of membership at $350 for a lifetime, the Registry will be losing money in just a few years, due to the cost of goods and G&A expense. I think it needs to be on the order of $1,000.00 or greater.

Insofar as extra perks for a lifetime member, I don't agree. I think a lifetime member should be exactly the same as a Regular Member, only the dues are paid up forever.

I will remind all, that A Lifetime Member is already defined in the bylaws and it is much different than the concept being discussed here. Conceptually, a new name needs to be created, such as but certainly not limited to "Forever Member" or "Member for Life" to avoid any confusion with Lifetime Member as it appears in the bylaws.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #19
Ronstar

[QUOTE=Fully Vetted;161198]Why not? ....

Just a few things that come to mind
1) is someone gonna track who still has their car ( or ever had one)
2)do you have to "prove" you own one?
3) if one sells or totals their car is their membership gone forever or reinstated when they buy another
4) does an LT-5 in another car qualify, prototypes and ex-vin cars?
5) "certain number of honorary memberships" sound a lot like favoritism and politics
6) makes more sense to me to try to encourage more lifelong members not discourage them for the long term health of the group
7)sounds like you DO want to make it a status symbol

Absolutely no malice intended. Just want what's best for the club
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #20
Fully Vetted

QUOTE=Ronstar;161215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Why not? ....

Just a few things that come to mind
1) is someone gonna track who still has their car ( or ever had one)
It would be somewhat labor intensive to keep track of.

2)do you have to "prove" you own one?
Yes, at the time you submit your LM form. Not that difficult to do.

3) if one sells or totals their car is their membership gone forever or reinstated when they buy another
Reinstated

4) does an LT-5 in another car qualify, prototypes and ex-vin cars?
ZR-1 ownership, not LT-5 ownership

5) "certain number of honorary memberships" sound a lot like favoritism and politics
It could be if not careful. These could be voted on by other LM's.

6) makes more sense to me to try to encourage more lifelong members not discourage them for the long term health of the group
Not neccesarily. There will still be a need for Annual Membership Renewals in order to keep cash flow.

7)sounds like you DO want to make it a status symbol
Not at all. But I do think that the only ones that will pony up $1000 for a LM are the ones that are absolutely committed to the lifelong endeavor of making sure this club stays together. And I think they should be recognized for that committment.

Absolutely no malice intended. Just want what's best for the club
Absolutely none taken. In the end we all only want what's best for the club. In response to #1 and #3 - While I do like the idea of a LM being available, due to the work envolved I'm second guessing the ZR-1 ownership requirement. I like the idea but it's just too much to keep track of. Ownership requirement at the time of your purchase is a good compromise but no requirement to retain ownership during the full term of your LM.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote