ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-28-2013   #11
9T1 Red ZR1

Default Re: Where has my DM log data saved to?

To get mine to work, I left the timing link at 0, that was the only place it would try to work. In the Serial Data Acquisition box, I had to set the Sample Control Center to the slowest recording speed to get it to work.
Old 09-29-2013   #12
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T1 Red ZR1 View Post
To get mine to work, I left the timing link at 0, that was the only place it would try to work. In the Serial Data Acquisition box, I had to set the Sample Control Center to the slowest recording speed to get it to work.

Got it Red; thanks...

Anyone know if the logfile streams can be uploaded here? Or to YouTube?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #13
Franke

Good deal. Is the datastream steady with no linkup failures?
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #14
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Good deal. Is the datastream steady with no linkup failures?
Nope - haven't found the setting yet for the interruption in the stream there Franke - will try the COM Port latency setting in Windows 8 tomorrow (not in Device Manager like earlier Windows).

Could be also the Sample Data Acquisition Speed Setting as Red mentioned...

OR

electrical interference in wiring caused by the A4 Controller Module.

Sundown here at the coast was playtime this evening
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 10-09-2013   #15
Schrade

Alright - time to re-hash DM here...

I got some recordings saved, and 'playable' here. Can recordings be uploaded to the boards here? Or to YouTube?

Still got the intermittent 'Lost com with ECM; re-cycling'. Ideas on that one?

Smooth idle. At 1.6 % throttle opening, I'm getting a regular lope - like a vacuum leak. I don't believe it's a vac leak; I think it's electrical (DM manual says that the lost com could be electrical interference / voltage irregularity[???], which I think might also be causing the lope.

Throttle % bounces from 1.6% to 2.4%. Above that, back to smooth as silk again.

No codes, C or H. Closed Loop.

Do I need to try more values between 190 and 150? Or between 25, and 0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
OK - set the ALDL timing link to 190, and NO PCM sync in the next recording. Set it back to '0', and re-established data collection, same intermittency.

Now trying other values from '0' - 190...

150 - no good.
125 - no good.
100 - no good.
50 - no good.
25 - no good; still no PCM sync...

Back to '0' allows data collection, with intermittent 'Lost Com'.

Does the frequency of the 'Lost Com', give a clue as to what OTHER setting needs changing?

Only other COM port available is COM 3
Quote:
A note in chapter 7 says TTS has found that MOST USB adapters fail to operate correctly for recording ALDL data. For this reason, it is recommended that the TTS USB serial port adapter be used as it is extensively tested with all windows versions. Did you buy their USB adapter? Did you download and use the TTS USB driver from their web site for what ever version of windows you use? Also, make sure the windows com port configuration is such as (I think you are using com port 4) 9600 Bits/sec, 8 data bits, parity= none, stop bits=1, flow control = none. Then to Advanced setting tab - BM options latency timer to 1 ms which allows the interface to link up more consistently.
You could also try another com port in your laptop to see if it works better such as 5 on up to 12.

Last edited by Schrade; 10-09-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2013   #16
Schrade

Ok - reduced the Sample Control Center speed, and got a CONTINUOUS stream - IN MONITOR MODE ONLY!!!

Now I can start a new recording. Tells me to select a file. Before, it was starting a new one by default, with 'AutoLog Session' as the name.

WTH is with this?

Old 10-09-2013   #17
Schrade

ed.:
solved that one; 'AutolLogging Activated' turned itself off. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I 'Create' a new .UNI file? Why do I have to, when it did it before by default when I opened it?

The 'Enter Comments Below' box has nothing in it now. I tried typing in (SCC_2.5_recSpd), for the new recording name, then I click 'Start', but it says 'Select a file'.

Even restarted the program, and the computer, but it's not starting up with 'AutoLog Session' x now...

and I'm down to 7 recordings left, before I pay. (already got THAT problem solved, but can't do it ATM)

Last edited by Schrade; 10-09-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2013   #18
Franke

Schrade, you have to designate a file to save the data to when starting datamaster. I named my files according to what repairs I just preformed such as new O2 sensors.uni. When I got mine working I didn't have any drop outs at all during the entire run times. I used com port 3. Try changing the ALDL link timing. See if that helps steady link up. Also try transmit and receive timeout to 180 ms instead of default 120.
You could be right about the interference inside the vehicle. At least you've made some progress in getting a data stream to read.
Old 10-09-2013   #19
Schrade

Quote:
Schrade, you have to designate a file to save the data to when starting datamaster. I named my files according to what repairs I just preformed such as new O2 sensors.uni. When I got mine working I didn't have any drop outs at all during the entire run times. I used com port 3. Try changing the ALDL link timing. See if that helps steady link up. Also try transmit and receive timeout to 180 ms instead of default 120.
You could be right about the interference inside the vehicle. At least you've made some progress in getting a data stream to read.
I got it there Franke; 'AutoLogging Activated' had turned itself off.

This mother is makin' my veins pop out in a big way here...

Old 10-09-2013   #20
Franke

To create a file...select file-open. This will bring up a file selection box. Browse to where you want to store your data file and enter your new file name such as (test 1 time and date). That will be where the data run is saved and will have a .uni extension for playback.