ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Old 01-19-2014   #71
Tripler

Default Re: BG 2014 Wish List

When will the official schedule for seminars and events be up and running ?

Also any idea as to how much the registration for the ZR-1/C4/BG gathering is going to cost ?. Just curious so as to budget for this event . We've got a room booked at the Holiday Inn under the group rate and I am so looking forward to seeing a large assembly of LT5 beast's just outside the hotel ,,,WooHoo !!! Our jouney to BG is to learn as much as possible about the C4 ZR-1 and it's amazing LT5 before we buy one . Maybe we'll buy one while we are there lol !!! ,,,
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #72
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
It would be nice to have a Maintenance or Mod event. We could plan a plenum pull or a injectors swap or any of the most common issues that we deal with. Or a header install or something. We could do it in the back of the museum where Robert and Daniel did the detailing last year since they have lifts.

I agree WHOLEheartedly here. Wrenchfest.

Show n Shine is nice, but form usually FOLLOWS function.

And maybe coding parameters of ECM in depth...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #73
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
Gunny, I look forward to chasing you through the mountains again.
It should be even better this year ... last year I couldn't see well enough to know where I was aiming the Z. Since then I've had eye surgery and now have two new lens implants ... wow, it's really fun to see where I'm driving now. Guess you didn't need to hear you were following a blind guy through the Dragon

The Mountain Run is mapped out and includes a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Diamondback, Six Gaps, Tail of the Dragon, and we'll finish with Devil's Triangle on our way to BG.

George
Founding Member #14
www.zrwon.com
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #74
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I agree WHOLEheartedly here. Wrenchfest.

Show n Shine is nice, but form usually FOLLOWS function.

And maybe coding parameters of ECM in depth...
Chuck,

I have suggested a "primer" session on tuning to Ron, but haven't heard back yet.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #75
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Chuck,

I have suggested a "primer" session on tuning to Ron, but haven't heard back yet.

Keep after him there Dominic - you got pull...

I'm not even a Member - not likely to be heard (haven't even made reservations yet).
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #76
RHanselman

OK guys...

This years event is a little different. The NCM is hosting and we are working with other outside our Registry... The agenda is about 90% complete and we're tying up the loose ends this week.

The important items have been publicized: Everyone knows the dates (14-18 May) and everyone can make reservations under our block of rooms at the Holliday Inn U plaza. BTW - rooms are getting short for Wed evening so hurry and get your rooms if you haven't. Also, the Government rate is better so use it if you can. This may save some of our blocked rooms for others... Wednesday will still be a challenge if you don't hurry!

The ancillary information in the agenda will be posted soonest (It will be reviewed by the Board of Directors on the 12th of Feb) and Registration via the NCM website will be open within a week to two weeks.

This year in shaping up to be a great event with Drag Racing, Auto Cross, Car Show, Cruises, Tech Sessions, Board Meeting, Membership Meeting, BBQ's, Pizza and Beverages, Mountain Run, Vendor's area, C4 Merchandise, special Displays, Awards Banquet and much much more.
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #77
Mystic ZR-1

You weren't kidding!
All they had left 10 minutes ago (Saturday 2/8)
at BG HI U Plaza is king bed with fold out couch rooms.

Steve: we'll flip a coin to see who gets the foldout...

Mountain Run 2 still has rooms at all 3 locations.
5 had already made reservations!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014   #78
vandornjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
Let'shave some racing...drag , auto X, Pizza , seminars. Party at JVD's !
Ron I sent you a pm on this.

Party at JVD's and not have another get-together at the exact same time because we want to continue to divide the group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
I am all with Frank. Drag racing if possible, auto X and party at JVD's. Let's support JVDs and not split the group.
--Bob

When I look back at one of the first Gatherings after we made the move from California. I remember the many old friends came over to see us and it was great to once again meet those who were separated by great distances. During the good ‘ol days we met people from all over we went to Carlisle with or the many races we participated in with Pirate Racing. Well, we couldn’t get rid of a few and ended up cooking a steak or two, and they liked it enough some ate 2 and even 3 steaks! So, every year afterwards we were “forced” to cook for our annual visitors. J Well, one year we decided to cook for the group if anyone was interested and the turnout was incredible. It took a lot of work, an auto shop is not a usual place for a cookout . Having people walk around the equipment, stepping over things is not a good idea so a complete “safetyizing” took a few days. A day or two of cleanup wasn’t too much of a problem because early arrivals came over and grabbed a rag or mop and went at it. It is always fun watching people get involved.

Well, over the next few years we had a blast! If someone needed help, we made it a “seminar” and allowed people to get right up front and personal as we fixed whatever problems they had. We came up with the famous “Bow Tie Burger”, using a Slim Jim formed into a Chevy emblem shape as a mold. We did some smoked meats and ribs, pepper & potatoes, and whatever else we could think of, and we never got tired of the compliments on the food. We had lots of locals who volunteered their help and who were darn good at what they did. And it showed.

One year I had a broken ankle but I couldn’t help it. I’m paying for that now but it didn’t matter because of what you folks said. One guy came up and asked how I cooked that BT Burger. He said it was the best hamburger he’d ever had. Really!? (Just good meat, plenty of garlic pepper and don’t squeeze the juice out of it!). One time a guy came up to me later and apologized for coming back for fourths of our smoked Boston butt! I guess the ultimate compliment was how many of you came up and said our BBQ was the highlight of your visit to the Bowling Green event. I never dreamed we could actually put on a complete dinner and presentation in this little place for over 200, but that’s what we did in 2010. People were eating off the forklift! But this popularity also made someone very jealous....

At some point, we were approached by the Registry’s (then) leadership and asked if we would officially make our BBQ part of the ZR-1 Net Registry’s schedule. We were again told it was one of the highlights of the Gathering and they would really like to offer their assistance and even offered $300 to help out. Well, in case anyone needs to know, the BBQ had costs of approx. $2,000 depending on attendance, drink, employee wages, loss of revenue, table & chairs rental, and of course the food. (We don’t serve Chicken Masala) J Ironically, the rental of the tables and chairs alone was about $300 so we accepted the Registry’s donation. We also asked that in the future, we would appreciate putting us on the Registry’s registration form so we could get a more accurate count.

The night before the 2012 BBQ, the Registry Events Director gave us a number of 50-60 and said that the Gathering attendance was really down and not to expect much more. So, we decided to cook for 80, then 120 showed up. Many of our guests that had RSVP’d, made donations, etc., didn’t get a plate. Worse yet, some of the un-registered walk-ins went for seconds before others even got their first. We were blamed immediately and I didn’t see any real need to tell what really happened…until now. That really pissed me off.

Under new management, it was also voted not to contribute to a “vendor’s” event, and at last year’s gathering, some of the leadership group pitted against our BBQ for whatever reason(s) and were obviously absent. This year it looks like more of the same on the current schedule. Now please understand, it’s not like we couldn’t continue to host all of you here for your annual trek to Bowling Green but I said long ago, once you take the fun out of something, well, it ain’t fun anymore.

Many of our friends do not attend the Gathering anymore for their own reasons, but I’ll bet the loss of the fun factor is a major reason for their decision. We did this for you and we hope you enjoyed the company. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the scheduled “Parking Lot BBQ” just as well. :-)

(Just note: We don't consider ourselves a "vendor" and never have. We offer a safe haven when away from home when the unexpected happens. Many of you have enjoyed the use of our tools, equipment, knowledge and hopefully our hospitality. I consider us a participant in the ZR-1 hobby and will continue to be in whatever capacity that is positive and productive.)

I do sincerely want to say how much we truly enjoyed hosting you all when you visited Bowling Green in these years past. We made a lot of friends and helped a few of you get your ZR-1’s fixed or had other stuff done while you were here. In some cases we did those things for a drink at the banquet or a donation to the NCM. We helped some needy people, and some very appreciative troops in Harm’s Way. Your contributions made it possible for us to send some comfort and support to some very appreciative troops. I thank you and they Thank You!

BTW. Army First Sgt Eric Egelstad is still on this list and is teaching officer candidates in WA and Donna retired from the Army not long ago. Eric still remembers his guys anxiously greeting him when he returned from patrol and the mail had been delivered (by the Air Force of course). J Me? I’ll never forget the look on all of your moist eyes when we did the surprise video slide show and ended it with a voicemail from Eric to his family who were in attendance and completely stunned. Remember when his daughter, little Jordyn, yelled out “IS THAT MY DADDY!?!?” Yeah, it got to me too….

Those are real moments folks. Real moments that some remember for their lifetimes. Moments that are real, not imagined by someone’s ego or imagination.

AND WE ARE STILL HERE FOR YOU! Maybe we just don’t have to let Strowbridge clean the shop for 2 days. Maybe we can get some work done! J If you need something done, we can handle that too. Or, if you any other ideas just let us know! J
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #79
Rex Ruby

Ashame BS gets in the way.
Going to miss the JVD BBQ this time.
JVD I'm sure the membership would have paid per head to attend to cover your costs.
Rex Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote