ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Old 02-04-2009   #41
Jeffvette

Default Re: Bowling Green 2009

Well for those of you who can not make it to drag racing on Wednesday. How about you show up and participate in the autoX.
Old 02-04-2009   #42
rkreigh

Talking Re: Bowling Green 2009

Wed will be tough for many, and only the "hard core" (like me!) will show

lets see if we can get MULTIPLE shots at the drags so that even if we get a rain out, we can get down the track.

there are TONS of turbo buicks there, but I'm an old Turbo Buford guy (sheesh I should bring them BOTH!) and if we can arrange to have some time slots where they let us run with them and not interfere with the event that would be ideal

sooooooo..... lets do a poll and a sign up roster. so we can communicate with them how many. typically we have 20 or less drag racers, and if it's spread out, maybe even less (wed again will be tough)

the "go fast with class guys" are just that, great to work with.

let me see if my events, racing coordinators and the ol prez can pull some strings that's why I pay them the big bucks (NOT <G>)

I vote for multiple shots at the track wed - fri, and leave sat to them to run the eliminations. usually if they are running time trials and have "bumping rights" we'll get our runs in, you'll just have to hang out. but trust me, the turbo buick guys like to cool their cars down so they don't hot lap like we do.

time to dig in and find out the dealeo.

thanks for posting up. we need the digs, it's a BG tradition.

if we can get a draw on some rare and cool cars, the Turbo Buford guys will want to see them come out.

just don't get too shocked at what these guys run. the turbo buzzin half duzzin is an @$$ kicker! these guys have lots of folks deep in the 9's, some in the 8's and a few 7's

duttwieler just turned the first high 6 in a turbo v6. keep that in mind.

and they come loaded for bear. we also need to advertise the turbo buicks event so we respect their track time, and hopefully we'll get invited to do this again. it could be pretty fun guys and trust me, you'll see some amazing stuff come out. I am stoked!

Last edited by rkreigh; 02-04-2009 at 08:19 PM.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #43
QB93Z

Ron, Jeff, David, Jim, and everyone else,

Thanks for working on the drag racing event.

If you need a head count, sign me up for Thurs, Fri, and/or Saturday.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #44
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette View Post
Well for those of you who can not make it to drag racing on Wednesday. How about you show up and participate in the autoX.
Is it okay to sign up if you have never done an autoX? I'd like to learn but if novices will be in the way I understand. I'll come & watch & learn some that way too.

Where do I sign up, is that the "Golf Cart" autoX .......somehow I kind of doubt that's it. Specially if "The Stig" is involved....

Oh, and if we need a head count to make the Drags a go, count me in for that too! I don't want to see stuff not happen due to lack of bodies signing up. I have my room from Wed.

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #45
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Is it okay to sign up if you have never done an autoX? I'd like to learn but if novices will be in the way I understand. I'll come & watch & learn some that way too.

Where do I sign up, is that the "Golf Cart" autoX .......somehow I kind of doubt that's it. Specially if "The Stig" is involved....

Oh, and if we need a head count to make the Drags a go, count me in for that too! I don't want to see stuff not happen due to lack of bodies signing up. I have my room from Wed.

Novices are welcome. You sign up with your registration through the museum. If you have already completed the registration, call the museum and add the autox option. You should be able to add it when you arrive though.

And this is not the golf cart option.