ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C7 ZR1 > C7 ZR1 General Postings

Old 02-05-2023   #1
ZR1North

Default Gathering 2023

Fellow members,

With the release of HOTB issue 61 last night, you will have seen that general plans for Gathering 2023 are now available. Gathering 2023 will coincide with the now internationally acclaimed ?Woodward Dream Cruise? which has been held annually in the Greater Detroit Area the third week of August each year since 1995. For those looking to book vacations and their calendars, Gathering 2023 will run from the evening of August 15 through August 19 inclusive. Following is a link to the Woodward Dream Cruise - http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com.

General plans for Gathering 2023 are contained in HOTB issue 61. Detailed plans and logistics are still underway, but rest assured that this will be a full, fun-packed week with such events as: visits to cool car collections and points of interest; cruises; caravans; and plenty of time for socializing with old and new friends - these will be key ingredients of Gathering 2023. A centrally-located hotel has been booked, but the block of rooms has not yet been released. Look for more details on planning and the hotel here on the forum and on Facebook as plans are finalized.

As explained in the president?s letter at the beginning of HOTB 61, we are responding to suggestions from the membership which wants more, key events nearer where members reside, and to provide myriad activities to accommodate varied interests at these events; we?ve dubbed this new direction ?Finding New Roads?. Rest assured that we are not abandoning Bowling Green as a destination for gatherings; in fact, Bowling Green could likely become a location for special gatherings, such as anniversary year gatherings.

Thank you for your patience as we navigated these changes. As noted, we will release more information in the coming weeks as logistics are solidified. Meanwhile, please don?t hesitate to post questions here or to me at events@zr1netregistry.com.

Bob Lambe
Events Chair and Vice President
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023   #2
tikitb8

Default Re: Gathering 2023

Afternoon all,

I have a little more info for the Detroit Marriot Troy in Troy Michigan. We are using this hotel as it very close to the Woodward Dream Cruise without being noisy or congested. I've booked about 6-7 other Woodward Groups here in the past and they have met all our expectations. it is located right next to the Troy PD and the hotel also supplies their own security for our group.

The parking is covered and they usually rope off private area for Corvette parking.
For those towing, parking for truck and trailer is also on site. Of course at no charge.

Event Summary:
BLOCK NAME: ZR1 Reunion
Start Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Check out Date: Sunday, August 20, 2023
Last Day to Book: Tuesday, July 17, 2023

PRICE: Run of house, $ 165 USD per night (king or 2 doubles)

Phone reservations: 248 680 9797
Please be sure to ask for reservations and tell them you are reserving via the ZR1 Reunion Block

On Line reservations: https://www.marriott.com/event-reser...P&app=resvlink
(Hopefully that will become a URL link once I post)

I never release hotel info until I've tested phone and online reservations. Both work perfectly.
BTW a Meet n Greet will be held Tuesday evening at the hotel bar. More updates on that a little later. Just in case you are on the fence about arriving Tuesday.

Good to be back and can't wait to see so many of you that I've missed.

Maureen (Milner) Waller
"Mo"
tikitb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023   #3
tikitb8

As of today 25 May the hotel gives you a "full" status when you try to make a reservation. I've contacted my hotel event planner who assures me its simply an error. Should have it straight in a day or so.
Sorry for the prob
Mo
Old 07-17-2023   #4
tikitb8

Woodward Banquet: I have a handful of people that have NOT selected an entree for the Banquet at Woodward.
Please select what you want and pay asap.
I'd hate to have someone show up with no meal.

Thanks
Mo
Old 07-17-2023   #5
tikitb8

MoTown Museum Tour:
Since we are a couple people short of filling our bus for the Motown Museum tour I had to change to a smaller bus. Unfortunately less people mean the price of the tour increased by $5 pp.
No problem, for those joining us, we can settle up at the event, just a heads up

Mo
Old 08-20-2023   #6
Mystic ZR-1

Any reports from the attendees?
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023   #7
Mikey

had a great time catching up with everyone who went, meeting some for first time, re-visiting some of my old stomping grounds, receiving sage advice (unrelated to cars) from the collective wisdom and experience of Mark and Dennis (and his wife), and scored a new garage banner thanks to the generosity of Bob (or the common sense of his wife).

Michelin pilot sport AS4's for the win - nary a twitch when caught on the highway in the pouring rain (twice).

thanks to all who planned, executed and participated! dinner at the hunt club was fantastic. Michigan roads, not so much. The state flower was blooming everywhere! (orange construction barrels)
Mikey is online now   Reply With Quote