ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 01-01-2008   #1
32valvZ

Default Just a couple pics of my 92

this was when my son was home from the USMC for thanksgiving.....we rode in the Z06 & my wife drove the ZR1

been doing some cleaning up under the hood
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #2
ZR 601

Default Re: Just a couple pics of my 92

Looks good... what do you use for cleaning the engine? I'd like to get started on mine, but have read that the plenum is easy to stain.
ZR 601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #3
Zr1 Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR 601
Looks good... what do you use for cleaning the engine? I'd like to get started on mine, but have read that the plenum is easy to stain.
The only way to really clean it is to remove the plenum and coil packs, starter for a complete douchebaggery!!!!!!!!!

Ry from thornton,co.........Hello
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #4
flyin ryan

lookin' good. a couple of cool shot's .
Old 01-01-2008   #5
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR 601
well......someone in the past decided to try to spray paint the plenum & the cam covers while installed....so I have been un-doing that. I used mineral spirits to remove the paint & it actually worked very well for that job. Before it looked splotchy & overall like crap. Now its not as glossy, but much more uniform & cleaner looking.

The genius tried the same thing in all the wheel wells with black, so I had to use acetone to remove all that. It worked excellent & without damage to the liners.

I have read that a weak solution of Simlpe Green & water works.
Old 01-02-2008   #6
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr1 Destroyer
The only way to really clean it is to remove the plenum and coil packs, starter for a complete douchebaggery!!!!!!!!!

Ry from thornton,co.........Hello
I would like to do that sometime......I am chasing that off-idle miss at 900-1000 rpm right now & thats the focal point for me. Dave Howles is putting together a package for me with the Tech 1 scanner and all the cartridges I need for the ZR1. Once I get that from him, I will know more hopefully.

I have already checked the injectors and all the obvious things w/o luck so far. I'm not sure if its fuel or ignition related just yet. The car runs excellent otherwise....so I just dont know yet. If I have to pull the plenum, believe me, I will give it a thorough cleaning.

A few guys have given me some good pointers and advice so far...but the T1 seems like a must have, so I'm waiting for that.

I hope to see you sometime at a show,cruise or event or something.

Last edited by 32valvZ; 01-02-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2008   #7
Z Factor

Cool Re: Just a couple pics of my 92

Looking good
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #8
GOLDCYLON

Nice 92! Glad to hear you spent some time with your son over Thanksgiving. I appreciated this years Thanksgiving a lot more as last year I was in AL-Qayarrah Iraq on a 14 month tour.

Cleaning the ZR-1 is a bear and staining is a problem. If you do decide to pull the plenum and clean out the galley and service the coil packs and such you might consider having Jeffvette Powdercoat the entire top end like I did. Clean up is a breeze. Results well judge for yourself. GC!

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 01-02-2008 at 12:31 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #9
We Gone

lookin Good

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #10
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON
Nice 92! Glad to hear you spent some time with your son over Thanksgiving. I appreciated this years Thanksgiving a lot more as last year I was in AL-Qayarrah Iraq on a 14 month tour.

Cleaning the ZR-1 is a bear and staining is a problem. If you do decide to pull the plenum and clean out the galley and service the coil packs and such you might consider having Jeffvette Powdercoat the entire top end like I did. Clean up is a breeze. Results well judge for yourself. GC!

Thats what I want my engine to look like!! As soon as I sort out my little problem (mentioned above) I will move on to some frivoulous spending operations such as cosmetics. I will say this, pulling the cam covers scares me a wee bit....I know I can get them off, just want to be sure the re-install goes well.

On a side note, I have noticed an assortment of different color tones on these engines. Some are a darker grey like mine, & some much lighter like yours and a few are in between the two.....should they all be the color you have?