ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 07-14-2011   #31
Michael Beal

Default Re: ALMS at Lime Rock pictures

Had a great time with the Brotherhood at Lime Rock. The steel blue metallic "Spyder" is mine; Mike Beal, Middletown, CT.. I did buy it out of CA and I'm trying to verify the history. I'm hoping someone can help me fill in some blanks. I know the vehicle (VIN 1G1YZ23J1M5801322) was originally owned by a Dr. Larry Bartschi of Chico, CA. I have been unable to make contact with him to verify the information provided me (I have reason to suspect that he is not well or perhaps deceased) - that is, the conversion was done by Metalcrafters of CA (they, too have not responded to any inquiries to either verify or deny their involvement.) Bartschi allegedly spent 175K on this car. I did verify that he sent the engine to Kim Baker who modified the engine. Baker does not retain any records beyond 10 yr. (so, no verification of dynoed engine numbers), but he estimates it must be from 450 to 480 hp (it was represented to be a 475hp engine by the seller, Corvette Mike CA.) I've had two people tell me they recall the car being featured in some periodical back in the 90's - it would be great if someone out there has this article or could direct me to where I could find one. The car has a little over 30K on it, is tight and runs out beautifully. I respect the machine and baby it - we all know what she's capable of if allowed to break out - our LT5s have proven themselves since their inception.
I would appreciate any info, advice, comments from members - I trust your good sense and judgement.
Michael Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #32
jrd1990zr1

Doug deserves all the credit for setting this up. Without his posts we would have surely missed this event.

Great job Doug and Thanks!!!!

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #33
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beal View Post
Had a great time with the Brotherhood at Lime Rock. The steel blue metallic "Spyder" is mine; Mike Beal, Middletown, CT.. I did buy it out of CA and I'm trying to verify the history. I'm hoping someone can help me fill in some blanks. I know the vehicle (VIN 1G1YZ23J1M5801322) was originally owned by a Dr. Larry Bartschi of Chico, CA. I have been unable to make contact with him to verify the information provided me (I have reason to suspect that he is not well or perhaps deceased) - that is, the conversion was done by Metalcrafters of CA (they, too have not responded to any inquiries to either verify or deny their involvement.) Bartschi allegedly spent 175K on this car. I did verify that he sent the engine to Kim Baker who modified the engine. Baker does not retain any records beyond 10 yr. (so, no verification of dynoed engine numbers), but he estimates it must be from 450 to 480 hp (it was represented to be a 475hp engine by the seller, Corvette Mike CA.) I've had two people tell me they recall the car being featured in some periodical back in the 90's - it would be great if someone out there has this article or could direct me to where I could find one. The car has a little over 30K on it, is tight and runs out beautifully. I respect the machine and baby it - we all know what she's capable of if allowed to break out - our LT5s have proven themselves since their inception.
I would appreciate any info, advice, comments from members - I trust your good sense and judgement.
i'm in the process of moving but years ago i bought a box of old corvette rags at carlisle, when i get settled in i'll look through them and see what i can find
Old 07-16-2011   #34
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1990zr1 View Post
Doug deserves all the credit for setting this up. Without his posts we would have surely missed this event.

Great job Doug and Thanks!!!!
Yes, for sure a big thanks to Doug! Great idea man!

Now everyone don't forget the Historic Festival September 3 - 5, 2011 it should be a very fun event!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote