ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Personal Racing Stories

Old 09-20-2007   #1
jonszr1

Default A modded Pantera dinner MMM good!

there is alottery wiinner in bishop that braggs on his very modded pantera .its suppose to be the fastest car in bishop 60 miles north. well having made a job change again back to the old golf course job that i found I loved. but thats another story. well i am coming back from bakersfield with 300 lbs of fertilizer in the car . i go to turn on the lightsand one doesnt come up. So I pull off and open up the clam and a wire is stopping it . So i fix that and am just dropping the clam and ihear this roar go by . I spin around and its that Pantera that everyone talks about. so off i go about 2 miles ahead I catch up ,he seem to slow thinking i am a chp maybe so i shift into 4th blast by ,hopefully letting him knowthat I wanta play, so I slow shift into 4 th . the first ime i kinda jump the gun . but i notice he doesnt gain on me I slow again and this time he hits it first but low and behold by the top of 4th I am 2 cars ahead and going strong .i hit 120 and slow .he pulls up next to me and we go again with the same result . then he slows to 30 and off we go . till 55 we are evn i hear him shift and he falls a car back and by 120 i am 3-4 cars ahead well i slow wxpecting him to motion me to pull over but he just zooms by. well i get home an hr later and have 15 messages on my machine from buddies in bishop telling me about this guy complaing that I jumped him.but that I had a fast car . so we set up a 1/4 mile race last night . thank god for small towns with not enough cops . we raced twice (with about 50on lookers) well he got e out of the gate but i pulled by him hard and by the end of the 1/4 got him by 2 cars both times . i had my Gtech hooked up times were 12.18 @118.79 and 112.75 @119.62 A4000et eelevation . the group of car guys there pronounced me king of ownes valley. kinda strange feeling as its been a hard week getting banned from the forum by a person who bald faced lied about me . god sure is an interesting guy how did he know this was just what I needed to bring e out of the doldroms even if it was a tad illegal. Man i love these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #2
tomtom72

Default Re: A modded Pantera dinner MMM good!

I just gotta say that is a cool story! Ya'll be careful, now!

Brought back some memories for me. Man in 72 I thought the Pantera L was the nuts!

It also just proves what I say about these cars.....they can cure a bad day!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #3
jonszr1

THANX FOR THE THOUGHTS . I too can remember looking in the show room floor late at night wishing i could own a pantera. dumb kid thinking that I could get the girl of my dreams(jackie kidd)if I only had that car. I got to start acting my age instead of being a kid . but ffor those few minutes i felt 18 and on top of the world. i know now though I WILL always own one of these Cars anything else .............. just aint good enough
Old 10-01-2007   #4
WB9MCW

great story jon ---pantera fun ride but hot inside and cramped and no fun to crash in.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #5
jonszr1

I still remember dreaming about owning one growing up I would go to the mercury cealership and look at one through the glass late at night . but ya know I have now 3 of the finest cars ever built . At 54 i will own these till i go .I have no desire to ever buy another car unlees it was a 415 zr1. man i dig these cars red black and yellow. the 3 colors i love
Old 10-20-2007   #6
ridalinLT5

lol yah great story jon but i think its fake haha. your car dos sound fast do you have a timelips i would love to see it maybe i could lern something
300 lbs of fertilizr lol

Last edited by ridalinLT5; 10-20-2007 at 06:01 PM.
ridalinLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #7
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonszr1
there is alottery wiinner in bishop that braggs on his very modded pantera .its suppose to be the fastest car in bishop 60 miles north. well having made a job change again back to the old golf course job that i found I loved. but thats another story. well i am coming back from bakersfield with 300 lbs of fertilizer in the car . i go to turn on the lightsand one doesnt come up. So I pull off and open up the clam and a wire is stopping it . So i fix that and am just dropping the clam and ihear this roar go by . I spin around and its that Pantera that everyone talks about. so off i go about 2 miles ahead I catch up ,he seem to slow thinking i am a chp maybe so i shift into 4th blast by ,hopefully letting him knowthat I wanta play, so I slow shift into 4 th . the first ime i kinda jump the gun . but i notice he doesnt gain on me I slow again and this time he hits it first but low and behold by the top of 4th I am 2 cars ahead and going strong .i hit 120 and slow .he pulls up next to me and we go again with the same result . then he slows to 30 and off we go . till 55 we are evn i hear him shift and he falls a car back and by 120 i am 3-4 cars ahead well i slow wxpecting him to motion me to pull over but he just zooms by. well i get home an hr later and have 15 messages on my machine from buddies in bishop telling me about this guy complaing that I jumped him.but that I had a fast car . so we set up a 1/4 mile race last night . thank god for small towns with not enough cops . we raced twice (with about 50on lookers) well he got e out of the gate but i pulled by him hard and by the end of the 1/4 got him by 2 cars both times . i had my Gtech hooked up times were 12.18 @118.79 and 112.75 @119.62 A4000et eelevation . the group of car guys there pronounced me king of ownes valley. kinda strange feeling as its been a hard week getting banned from the forum by a person who bald faced lied about me . god sure is an interesting guy how did he know this was just what I needed to bring e out of the doldroms even if it was a tad illegal. Man i love these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quoted for posterity.