ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northwest Region

Old 09-01-2010   #11
Nick

Default Re: NW area status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
The truth of matter is was for the most part it was a private event.

For the "most" part? But not entirely? Or entirely? Which is it? Claiming it was a private event is ONE form of the truth, but not the whole truth. It was not a private event.

Quote:
To begin with there was a lot of confusion about having the club support it this year. We had every intent in doing so. However we have a collection of emails over the last few months where the person running it went back and forth and other emails saying the event was on and then off again.

And we relied on your intent to support the event, and the written assurance from Ron Kreigh that it would be supported. And now, we get screwed because of the confusion. If it wasn't known, then how did you know about it? Was it "on" and "off" due to certain Registry personnel who never did what they were asked, or supposed to do? We also have a ?collection? of e-mails indicating the event was approved and would be funded. And, after the event, I got an e-mail from David Johnson asking me for the bill, presumably so it could get paid. Why would I be asked for the bill if it was not going to be paid?

Quote:
Also noted was the event was never broadcasted over any media.

E-mails were sent. Ron Kreigh and others knew of the event well in advance. How come it was never published?

Quote:
For example why wasn't the event ever mention here?

Maybe because somebody at the Registry did not publish it? We have no control over that aspect of the Registry function.

Quote:
Nothing was sent on the ZR-1 Net list nor the ZR-1 Net Registry list?
Quote:
Also we have a newsletter and nothing was posted there as well.

Whose fault is that? Again, we have no control over that aspect of the Registry function.

Quote:
So it's tough to have an event if no one knew about it.

No kidding! But we DID have the event, and it was well attended by dues paying Registry members. And, people knew about the event. And, we were asked to submit the expenses for the event after it was held. And we were told ?absolutely we will fund the event? well in advance.

Quote:
Hopefully next year we'll have better communications and we plan on having a more formal mechanism to qualify an event.

Without the support this year for the event, why on Earth would anyone imagine it would be supported next year? Why would anyone want step up in the future and take on the planning and execution of the event?

I assume funding for the ZR-1 Net Registry Northwest event this year has been denied. Was anyone planning to actually notify me of this? I have not heard one word from anyone. Wasn't the vote taken some four days ago? Am I not owed the courtesy of an e-mail, at the very least?
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...

Last edited by Nick; 09-01-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #12
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo-1 View Post
So, I take it that Nick got stuck with the bill.....
Great, I feel like a AZZ. Eat and leave. Nick let me know if I can send you some money your way.

7 years of going to the PNW Gathering and I always felt great giving my annual dues, knowing it went to a great event. I will have to think twice on the next renewal. I can not believe the Registry is that low on cash or that tight on money they could not help in some way.
As to the "Private Event" I sat with paying members eating and having a good time.

For those who don't know, or never paid any attention. The PNW Gathering also goes hand in hand with Rose City Corvette show. http://www.rosecitycorvettes.org/ You can always check there too. That's what makes this a great event, you have the " ZR-1 " stuff plus Rose City stuff to do all weekend long. No Down Time!!! Always Go Go Go

Nick I would like to say sorry, This is not what you should have to put up with. Nice to see the Registry step up and help you this way.
Old 09-02-2010   #13
1990 415

Nick, if you did in fact get stuck with the bill for this event which I understand was verbally approved by the Registry before it was held, then I too will send you some money to help offset the financial burden this gathering unnecessarily places upon you. I understand you have gone above and beyond to continue to be involved with organizing and apparently paying for a gathering which is the only registry gathering west of the Rockies. Kudos to you for your selfless efforts. I wouldn't blame you if you refuse to be involved with this event ever again. Let me know what your address is so I can send you some money ASAP.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #14
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
Nick, if you did in fact get stuck with the bill for this event which I understand was verbally approved by the Registry before it was held, then I too will send you some money to help offset the financial burden this gathering unnecessarily places upon you. I understand you have gone above and beyond to continue to be involved with organizing and apparently paying for a gathering which is the only registry gathering west of the Rockies. Kudos to you for your selfless efforts. I wouldn't blame you if you refuse to be involved with this event ever again. Let me know what your address is so I can send you some money ASAP.
Me too Nick...

got this from Jeff F a few hours ago what's this about?
Bill, here was the result of the vote for funding the PNW event.

Jeff
> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:12:58 -0700
> From: mimzr1@SBCGLOBAL.NET
> Subject: Re: [ZR1REGBOARD] Accounting results for 2010 Corvettes at Carlisle
> To: ZR1REGBOARD@LISTSERV.CORVETTEMUSEUM.COM
> Hi Dwight,
> Here's the PNW event vote from the meeting we had at Carlilse from
> my notes. This was the vote "yes" or "No " to reimburse the amount
> of $875.00.
> Jim V. - No
> Dave J. - No
> George - No
> Jerry - No
> Mim - No
> Ron - Yes
> I have a "Yes" vote from both Dwight and Jim D. from previous
> emails.
> More meeting notes to follow.
> Thanks,>
> Mim
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #15
zr1mom

"Whose fault is that? Again, we have no control over that aspect of the Registry function"

It was your fault, or the person in charge of the event. Those holding the event would of course would want to advertise the event or at least ask to have it advertise. Neither was done. Every other event held by Registry Members across the country including yours over the past years was well advertise.

You guys screwed up and now try to blame others. Members in your own area said they never knew about the event. Personal emails were sent so it "was" a private event.

NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #16
A26B

To put this in proper perspective, one simple question should be asked, "Why would the Executive Committee not fund a ZR-1 Registry local or regional event?" The only reason is because it wasn't properly conducted in accordance with the bylaws.

A member never stepped forward in advance of the event and said, "I will be organizing the PNW Regional event for 2010". "Can the Registry provide financial assistance and what do I need to do?"

A Registry member did ask for information, for his own personal knowledge, and did receive a prompt reply (within 12 hrs) from Ron Kreigh that the Registry would "absolutely" support the event, gave him a simple description of the requirements and complemented him for carrying the torch. No further communication occurred prior to the event.

Simply put, someone asked, was answered, and never replied with the requested information.

The event held was clearly a private event, by invitation only. There's nothing wrong with that, except the Registry shouldn't and doesn't provide support for private events. The whole purpose of supported Registry events is to keep members involved and encourage new memberships. neither of these objectives can be met by invitation only events.

The Executive Committee stand ready and willing to encourage and support all events conducted in accordance with the bylaws and the spirit of the organization. It is unfortunate that the 2010 PNW Event did not meet these standards, but it did not fail due to any fault of the Executive Committee.

The single inquiry for Registry support was promptly responded to. The decision to not reimburse the expense submitted "after" the private event occurred was proper. To do otherwise would have been a violation of the bylaws and not in the spirit of the Registry.

The Executive Committee is duty bound to act responsibly on behalf of ALL members. I would ask that ALL members reciprocate and stop propagating malicious and Registry damaging mistruths which are occurring here on this forum.

Jerry Downey
Vice president
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 09-02-2010 at 11:10 AM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #17
Locobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
The single inquiry for Registry support was promptly responded to.
Hmmm, it is my understanding that several other inquiries were made... and completely ignored. This "silent treatment" by registry officer(s) is at least partially responsible for the confusion and disarray surrounding this years PNW event. I'm fine with having guidelines and accountability in respect to event funding but these requirements need to be communicated beforehand rather than imposed ex post facto.

ZR-1 Net Registry Oregon State Director

91 ZR-1 #431 Black/Black LPE 368
Locobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #18
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
To put this in proper perspective, one simple question should be asked, "Why would the Executive Committee not fund a ZR-1 Registry local or regional event?" The only reason is because it wasn't properly conducted in accordance with the bylaws.

A member never stepped forward in advance of the event and said, "I will be organizing the PNW Regional event for 2010". "Can the Registry provide financial assistance and what do I need to do?"

A Registry member did ask for information, for his own personal knowledge, and did receive a prompt reply (within 12 hrs) from Ron Kreigh that the Registry would "absolutely" support the event, gave him a simple description of the requirements and complemented him for carrying the torch. No further communication occurred prior to the event.

Simply put, someone asked, was answered, and never replied with the requested information.

The event held was clearly a private event, by invitation only. There's nothing wrong with that, except the Registry shouldn't and doesn't provide support for private events. The whole purpose of supported Registry events is to keep members involved and encourage new memberships. neither of these objectives can be met by invitation only events.

The Executive Committee stand ready and willing to encourage and support all events conducted in accordance with the bylaws and the spirit of the organization. It is unfortunate that the 2010 PNW Event did not meet these standards, but it did not fail due to any fault of the Executive Committee.

The single inquiry for Registry support was promptly responded to. The decision to not reimburse the expense submitted "after" the private event occurred was proper. To do otherwise would have been a violation of the bylaws and not in the spirit of the Registry.

The Executive Committee is duty bound to act responsibly on behalf of ALL members. I would ask that ALL members reciprocate and stop propagating malicious and Registry damaging mistruths which are occurring here on this forum.

Jerry Downey
Vice president
Please clearly show the members of this registry what malicious and Registry damaging mistruths are being propagated on this forum. I have seen nothing malicious. If you view information on this registry as malicious, then you must know much more than the rest of general members. Please share.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #19
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
Please clearly show the members of this registry what malicious and Registry damaging mistruths are being propagated on this forum. I have seen nothing malicious. If you view information on this registry as malicious, then you must know much more than the rest of general members. Please share.
I see no malicious and damaging mistruths being propagated. But yeah, I'd be interested in knowing more too.
Old 09-04-2010   #20
IowaZR-1

I can see both sides.....who's fault is it?.......does it really mater?.....it's water under the bridge so to speak.....having been at odds with a younger brother for many many years......nothing was accomplished except lost time we could have spend together....is $875 going to tear us apart into 2 groups?....I surely hope NOT!....let's all learn from each other mistakes and move on after all that is what we are about here isn't it?...the brotherhood of the "Beast" ....sharing and enjoying this fabulous car we love.

Last edited by IowaZR-1; 09-04-2010 at 09:04 AM.
IowaZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote