ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-09-2011   #1
SteelBlueZR1

Thumbs up Shout out for Dr. Lew's Classic Corvettes in Dundalk, MD

A few months ago I purchased a 1991 ZR1 with about 3,500 miles sight unseen, shipping it up to Maryland from Florida. After putting the car on Jim's lift and doing some basic maintenance items and installing an exhaust, life got busy, and I had no time to repair the fuel injectors, vacuum leaks, and other stuff that would make this 20 year old car a reliable daily driver. Desperate to get the car ready for Carlisle, i searched for a Baltimore, Maryland mechanic who knew and had worked on ZR1's.
I came across Dr. Lew's Classic Corvettes in Dundalk, MD - (410) 288-9623, after reading positive reviews on other C4 Corvette boards. I spoke with Lew and was immediately confident in his ability to go over the car and make it right. Dr. Lew received the GM award of "Top Technician in the Nation," averagin 43% higher than other mechanics around the country, when tested by General Motors. His repairs and rebuilds placed him at the top of GM for 14 years straight.
Plus, Dr. Lew worked extensively on ZR1's and knew all the tricks to make the car run like it should. After 2 weeks at his shop, my ZR1 runs and drives like new, returned 27mpg on my trip to Carlisle, and no longer leaks when it rains. If anyone needs to get repairs on their ZR1 or Vette, i highly recommend this very honest, technically capable, and fair priced mechanic.
Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelBlueZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore, maryland, mechanic, repairs