ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 08-12-2017   #21
XfireZ51

Default Re: So Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond zr1 View Post
lets see /if u like your doctor u can keep ur doctor/wrong/3 doctors in last 3 years/like ur plan/wrong again/3 in last 3 years/healthy wife 60/no meds/premium for her alone went from 700 month to 1200 month/6000 deductible/paying for all the subsidized folks//we need clinics for the poor,not free ambulance rides and emergency rooms in the hospitals for illeagals//go to mexico and see if a doctor or hospital will see you without paying upfront
You can thank Reagan for the "free" healthcare that people get at emergency rooms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1305897/

Universal healthcare is the way to address the issue. ACA is a bandaid, albeit a better one than what existed before it, but its a hybrid. We could and should expand coverage under Medicare by 1.) lowering the participation age
and 2.) Allowing the government to negotiate w pharmaceuticals on pricing of drugs like every other government and the VA does.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017   #22
efnfast

Thank you Dom, but I would rather the government had nothing to do with my medical decisions.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017   #23
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Thank you Dom, but I would rather the government had nothing to do with my medical decisions.
How do you differentiate this from someone at a FOR PROFIT Insurance company making those decisions? Do you consider those decisions to be in your best interest? When u turn 66, will be using Medicare?
Seriously, what do you base your objection on? I would like to understand the rationale for this.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017   #24
efnfast

Well said. Insurance companies are for profit. As a for profit business owner, I'm real glad the feds have little to do with the decisions I make.
Not a big believer in insurance companies either. It's just group paying.
They cannot hand out more than they take in. Plus you have to support all the employees, and all those great big buildings.
How about we teach people to be responsible with their money and they simply pay for what they use.
Haven't I been paying into the medicare system most of my life, why shouldn't I take advantage of it.
Just like social security.
If anybody had bothered to ask me, I would have said no thank you.
That's why I traditionally vote republican.
So do I think the feds or ins. co's can manage my money better than me? I don't think so.
Old 08-12-2017   #25
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
How do you differentiate this from someone at a FOR PROFIT Insurance company making those decisions? Do you consider those decisions to be in your best interest? When u turn 66, will be using Medicare?
Seriously, what do you base your objection on? I would like to understand the rationale for this.

Yes, you have a point there.

Private companies find ways to work within the money they collect.

The government simply spends like there is no tomorrow, for lesser quantity and quality than you would have received from the "for-profit" insurance company, then hands you and I the bill for their excess cost and ineptness.

Oh, and they usually eventually contract it out to the same for-profit company once they have mucked it all up.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017   #26
Bob Eyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
I still can't figure out why when I don't buy a product from a private supplier, my government fines me?
I don't know why people can't figure out that someone needs to pay for the free stuff.
It's the same concept behind the law that you must have insurance to drive your car on public roads.
If you have no health coverage, then show up at the emergency room and rack up a huge bill, then the rest of us get to pay for it.
The best solution IMHO is "everybody in", whether private insurance, or Medicare. Then the costs are spread, and everybody's covered.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017   #27
efnfast

I don't need car insurance here in NH. I hit somebody, I'm responsible. I pay. It's not a difficult concept.
Old 08-12-2017   #28
Bob Eyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Universal healthcare is the way to address the issue. ACA is a bandaid, albeit a better one than what existed before it, but its a hybrid. We could and should expand coverage under Medicare by 1.) lowering the participation age
and 2.) Allowing the government to negotiate w pharmaceuticals on pricing of drugs like every other government and the VA does.
Well said, it's the simple truth. But Americans always swallow the Corporate propaganda. That's why we have Profit Health Care, Profit Schools, Even Profit Prisons, and Profit toll roads.
The rest of the "civilized world" has single payer public health care, at much less cost. But, as Winston Churchill once said:
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Unfortunately, our Congress is not inclined to "do the right thing". Because they are owned by their corporate contributors.
Old 08-12-2017   #29
BigJohn

You have three months to sign up for Medicare before you turn 65; if you sign up afterwards there is a fine you must pay!
If you continue working and don't retire you are still required to sign up for Medicare at 65!
BigJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017   #30
Bob Eyres

That's a good idea. Saves a lot of $$.......
That is until you're going efnfast and hit the soccer Mom with the team in the minivan.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.