ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 08-12-2017   #41
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: So Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Administrative "costs" for "for profit" health insurance companies is ~15%. For Medicare its 3%. More of your money goes to paying healthcare bills and not shareholders, bondholders, the CEO and all the marketing expenses.
Healthcare is a right. Its a necessity for living in a society, like air, water, and these days of course electricity and the internet. I am not interested in having the government make smartphones, corn flakes, or automobiles.
There's many places where for profit is completely appropriate. And I support that. However, making money off of whether someone lives or dies isn't one of them.
The workers that staff medicare are not "free". We pay for them.
You presume the government operation to be less costly than private sector services.
I do not share that view.

Right? what right?

I pay for my private healthcare insurance.
I have paid into medicare my entire working life, and have, with employer help, paid for private healthcare my entire working life. It's no right, I earned and paid for it.
Same with Social Security.
I pay for my water, my electricity, my internet, my Registry membership and all of MY necessity's.
The government doesn't have money of their own, they get it from you and me.
So I pay for me, then must pay for the others too?
Why don't they pay?
This is fair?
I have the right to work to earn money to pay for what I need.
I have earned money by working since I was 11.
That is one right that we all do have.
I love when others attempt to determine what my "fair share" needs to be, or they assert it is not enough, so that others may pay nothing at all.

And all of those shareholders, bondholders, and corporations?
Guess what?
All taxed!
( and doubly so, i.e. personal and corporate!)
Without private sector employment and taxes, the government would have precious little to spend, on keeping us safe with critically needed defense spending, building common infrastructure etc.
Taxes and charity are two distinct things.
They should not be confused.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #42
XfireZ51

You may not share the view of the overhead in private v gov't healthcare providers, but those are the facts. It stands to reason that the government need not incur costs associated w marketing, CEO pay and bonuses, and demonstrating continuing increase in profit margins to the shareholders while also increasing "shareholder value". Then there are the dividends paid. These are not bad things, they just don't belong in an area that deals w the health and welfare of the citizens of the country.
And no one is suggesting this is "free". We pay into Medicare. Expansion would allow people to buy into Medicare at a younger age. This would improve the overall viability of Medicare while giving more citizens access to less expensive healthcare coverage.
For the "conservatives" in the crowd, you should love this.
It provides portability for health insurance by unburdening the employer from paying for it. If individuals are no longer beholden to their employers for health insurance, it would encourage entrepreneurship with people now able to start their own business without the fear of exposure to potential costs of catastrophic illness.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #43
USAF Retired
BANNED

Let us all be thankful we have a President that actually WORKS for FOR THE PEOPLE because the previous guy was a FRAUD.
USAF Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #44
efnfast

So, it only stands to reason that in our lifetimes, with all of the insurance that we pay, it has to add up to more than the bills that were paid. Has to be that way.
Plus the insurance company made money.
Paid for all their employees.
Paid for all their buildings.
The doctor charged me more because he has to have staff to deal with the insurance co.
Wouldn't it be more cost effective all the way around if when I incured some expense (paid a body shop, or a doctor for his service) that I simply paid that out of pocket.
I'm now starting to see my customers have insurance for their household appliances (my part of this is the well pump), that is horribly inefficient.
Insurance companies are in business to make money. Period. Not be nice guys, not make your life easier, not to help you get better.
Dominic, promise me when we get to Carlisle and sit down for a beer together, we don't talk politics. - Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #45
lfalzarano

Move this political BS out of the ZR-1 Registry. This forum is for ZR-1 Corvette enthusiasts.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 08-13-2017   #46
Bob Eyres

That's why this part of the Forum is labeled "Off Topic".
Nobody is forced to read it.

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #47
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
So, it only stands to reason that in our lifetimes, with all of the insurance that we pay, it has to add up to more than the bills that were paid. Has to be that way.
Plus the insurance company made money.
Paid for all their employees.
Paid for all their buildings.
The doctor charged me more because he has to have staff to deal with the insurance co.
Wouldn't it be more cost effective all the way around if when I incured some expense (paid a body shop, or a doctor for his service) that I simply paid that out of pocket.
I'm now starting to see my customers have insurance for their household appliances (my part of this is the well pump), that is horribly inefficient.
Insurance companies are in business to make money. Period. Not be nice guys, not make your life easier, not to help you get better.
Dominic, promise me when we get to Carlisle and sit down for a beer together, we don't talk politics. - Steve
I'm sorry Steve, I simply can't do that because I won't be coming to Carlisle.
I'll be in Puerto Vallarta 😄😄😄😄😄
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #48
randy ransome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
Move this political BS out of the ZR-1 Registry. This forum is for ZR-1 Corvette enthusiasts.

Off Topic...

randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #49
efnfast

Have a good trip Dom.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017   #50
RussMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Retired View Post
Let us all be thankful we have a President that actually WORKS for FOR THE PEOPLE because the previous guy was a FRAUD.
I don't understand why it isn't obvious to all Americans that Trump only cares about himself.

Can anyone give any explicit examples of something he has done that was good for lower or middle class Americans?
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote