ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southeast Region

Old 11-09-2009   #1
Wild and Blue

Default Tuner/LT5 Shops .... now that JVD left BG

I know there are a few more ZR-1's around me here in TN. I never even considered anyone besides AutoMasters and JVD-when they were only an hour away. :-(**|= Now I have to consider where I would take mine if needed since California has taken Jim away.
South Ga. Corvette is ~500 miles from me and Haibeck is ~500 mi. in the opposite direction, are these the only choices I have besides a trip to Cali? Surely, there is someone closer with a good rep.
Any recommendations, any "stay away froms" ........... minor stuff I can do but it is nice knowing where to go if I decide something is beyond my ability.
Wild and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2
QB93Z

Default Re: Tuner/LT5 Shops .... now that JVD left BG

Good question! Knowing that there is a ZR-1 capable mechanic/shop in a reasonable distance in case a problem comes up is worth a lot for peace of mind.

Up here in the Baltimore - Washington DC area, we have gotten a bunch of ZR-1 owners together and with our combined knowledge, have been able to do some of the repair items and mods ourselves.

Where in TN are you? I just drove through there last week.

If you need help making contact with other TN area owners, I will be glad to help.

By the way, what color is your ZR-1?

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3
Wild and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Good question! Knowing that there is a ZR-1 capable mechanic/shop in a reasonable distance in case a problem comes up is worth a lot for peace of mind.

Up here in the Baltimore - Washington DC area, we have gotten a bunch of ZR-1 owners together and with our combined knowledge, have been able to do some of the repair items and mods ourselves.

Where in TN are you? I just drove through there last week.

If you need help making contact with other TN area owners, I will be glad to help.

By the way, what color is your ZR-1?

Jim
'93 BK/BK #204
located around 90 miles from Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and ~9 miles North of Cookeville.

I have spoken w/ a few ZR-1 guys around me, though not much. I just wondered if there was any one even close in knowlege to JVD still in the area whose business was automotive. I don't have any problem w/ the car right now and have no expectations of trouble.... Hopefully I never have an issue needing heavy duty help .... but like you said, just the peace of mind of knowing a trustable LT5 person. At first I think some of the guys from Automasters were staying but I think even they decided to leave (not sure on that though).

Not that it matters...but I assume you ask about the color because of my screen name. Steel Blue was the first ZR I wanted...that was when there was ~8-10k difference between 92 down and 93 up. Thanks to some forum members, they turned me on to a screaming deal on the 93 .... so I moved on up but never changed the screen name, I like it and who knows....with prices like they are, a Steel Blue might join the Black one someday. I would not let go of mine but two would be fine by me, lol. Maybe more than you might have wanted to know but you got it anyway
Old 11-09-2009   #4
Aurora40

SGC might be sorta near you? Probably not as close as BG, but most of us don't have a trusted shop that close!
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #5
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild and Blue View Post
'93 BK/BK #204
Not that it matters...but I assume you ask about the color because of my screen name. Steel Blue was the first ZR I wanted...that was when there was ~8-10k difference between 92 down and 93 up. Thanks to some forum members, they turned me on to a screaming deal on the 93 .... so I moved on up but never changed the screen name, I like it and who knows....with prices like they are, a Steel Blue might join the Black one someday. I would not let go of mine but two would be fine by me, lol. Maybe more than you might have wanted to know but you got it anyway
I keep track of the quasar blue ZR-1's. The steel blue is a nice color. I can see why you want one.

Jim
Old 11-24-2009   #6
A26B

I have a LT5 gasket customer in Chatanooga. You might give him a call and see what you think.

Professional Auto
Joe Phillips
3870 Hixon Pike
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37415
United States

Telephone Number: 423-875-2863
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
QB93Z

Thanks Jerry.
Old 11-24-2009   #8
XfireZ51

Didn't I just read that Van Dorn is staying in BG. The Cali move has been put off I believe.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Didn't I just read that Van Dorn is staying in BG. The Cali move has been put off I believe.
That is what he posted on the forum.

Jim
Old 11-25-2009   #10
Wild and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
I have a LT5 gasket customer in Chatanooga. You might give him a call and see what you think.

Professional Auto
Good to know, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
I checked out the AutoMasters page, and you are right.