ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 11-01-2017   #21
Mystic ZR-1

Default Re: 1990 ZR-1 w/13k miles on auction at BAT

Big block, blah blah blah....
(L88 or otherwise)
You could get a big block in a
school bus or a dump truck....
Not an LT5
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017   #22
2cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I think the reason why prices are down and probably will stay down, is because what Chevy put out after the ZR-1....

The C-5 Z06 weighed less, handled better and was faster for a price less than a ZR-1....

The C6 Z06 appeared a few years later with a big block and over 500 horsepower ,all for a price of what the 95 Z cost new..

The ZR-1 put Chevy back on the map ....Then technology ran with it and future vettes just out performed the Z for the same price , if not less....

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
I like all of these cars. The C5 Z06 is a great car - destined to be a classic. The C6 Z06s are getting really cheap for such an insane car. However, I would never (or rarely) extract 8/10ths or greater performance of any one of these, so the fastest, best performing car is somewhat irrelevant to me. A ZR-1 offers plenty of performance. It also has the upside of being at the bottom (more than likely) of its depreciation curve, being 25 years old which helps it qualify for lower cost collector's plates and insurance here in Texas. As a result, it's probably the most affordable super car available when you take all of those bits into consideration. Plus, I happen to really like the styling and motorsports history of the C4 and dig the palmares of the ZR-1. Win/win for me.

Cheers,

2cam

Last edited by 2cam; 11-01-2017 at 10:20 PM.
2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017   #23
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
Big block, blah blah blah....
(L88 or otherwise)
You could get a big block in a
school bus or a dump truck....
Not an LT5

Yes you could, but I doubt the truck or the school bus could fetch over 500K..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017   #24
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cam View Post
I like all of these cars. The C5 Z06 is a great car - destined to be a classic. The C6 Z06s are getting really cheap for such an insane car. However, I would never (or rarely) extract 8/10ths or greater performance of any one of these, so the fastest, best performing car is somewhat irrelevant to me. A ZR-1 offers plenty of performance. It also has the upside of being at the bottom (more than likely) of its depreciation curve, being 25 years old which helps it qualify for lower cost collector's plates and insurance here in Texas. As a result, it's probably the most affordable super car available when you take all of those bits into consideration. Plus, I happen to really like the styling and motorsports history of the C4 and dig the palmares of the ZR-1. Win/win for me.

Cheers,

2cam
Yes agree on all counts.....Excellent value today for what you get.....Classic ins doesn't hurt either....
Old 11-02-2017   #25
32valvesftw

Well said 2cam
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017   #26
32valvesftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
Sold for $20k + fees... nice car!
Another one given away...
The BaT comment "peanut gallery"
should get a life... Same BS from them
on almost every car that's auctioned.
Used to be amusing when I 1st started following BaT.
BAT is great place to look and maybe buy, but I doubt I would list a car there, the peanut gallery is too annoying.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017   #27
2cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
BAT is great place to look and maybe buy, but I doubt I would list a car there, the peanut gallery is too annoying.
Interestingly, I feel just the opposite. It seems like the perfect place to sell a car due to the low cost of entry to sell AND a lot of cars do seem to bring a premium on the site (not sure that C4 or later Corvettes do however). From a buyers perspective, the acquisition costs seem higher since the cars typically do bring a premium and have the 5% BaT fee added on top of that.

If you haven't done so, take a look at some of the completed BaT auctions. The prices that some of the cars bring on there is astounding ($40K 240Zs, $70K Alfa GTVs, $90K 2002s, $30K 510s, etc). I'm not really sure that they would bring those prices otherwise. I would even venture that BaT has made a market for a number of these cars.

So, from a selling perspective, I'm a fan. From the perspective of an enthusiast that loves cars, I'm not sure that I like them due to their role in increasing the acquisition costs of machines that I'd love to have in the garage.

Which brings us back to the C4 and the ZR-1 specifically - these things are INCREDIBLE bargains in today's world of classic cars.

2cam

Last edited by 2cam; 11-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.
2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017   #28
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
Agree!
Nice place to look but the Peanut Gallery
is annoying. They're all experts and ask the
same inane questions...
Old 11-02-2017   #29
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Yes you could, but I doubt the truck or the school bus could fetch over 500K..
Maybe if ya kidnapped the school bus full
of kids you could get $500k ransom?
Old 11-02-2017   #30
Vette73

Lol.....Yes maybe.....As far as the L-88, if I'm not mistaken I think a 67 bought in 3.2 million.....That's like so ridiculous Its not funny...

I believe it was the last C-2 L-88 made,and you can't even listen to the radio while you freeze your butt off driving in the winter...Lol

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app