Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-03-2014   #261
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
40th is mostly cosmetic. Body panel replacement on a C4 is nothing compared to most other generations of the marque.
Believe it or not...

The Ruby is WORSE than it looks according to first hand accounts.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #262
efnfast

Yeah, and it was on top.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #263
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Maybe they will crank up production of some windshields for us. They will need some if they're going to restore them back to original.
All camstreams went down late PM; I called about 4:15 local - she said IT guys were working on it.

I was getting 'Forbidden Access' (Apache servers); thought they had begun paid access perhaps.

racinfan - are you 'Erics'? Which cam got the snappic that you posted there?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #264
USAZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 View Post
Believe it or not...

The Ruby is WORSE than it looks according to first hand accounts.

David
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
USAZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #265
Racinfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
All camstreams went down late PM; I called about 4:15 local - she said IT guys were working on it.

I was getting 'Forbidden Access' (Apache servers); thought they had begun paid access perhaps.

Yep - I am "Eric". I don't know which cam - I would assume one of the NCM staffers took the pics. They put up the one I posted and two more on the NCM Facebook page - I saved that one to my computer so I could upload it to Photobucket and post it on here....

If you are on Facebook - the NCM page and also Mid America Motorworks page have been posting quite a bit of stuff about it..
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #266
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

A comment by a local TV news dude in Chicago on Monday remarked that Mustang owners were laughing about the NCM sinkhole and Corvette enthusiasts.

Well.... Just wait till THEIR museum has a sinkhole open up under it!! Oh, wait. They don't have a museum?? Harumph...

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #267
taximan

I am not sure who made the decision to start up that ZR1 right after it came out of the hole. But it looks like it may have cost them an engine. They fired it up, drove away and left about 8 quarts of oil on the ground.

Why would you start up a car that had that kind of damage without checking it out on a lift first ???
1995 "Last" Admiral Blue ZR1 #438
Member # 760
NCM Lifetime member #1005
NCRS # 23110

[I][B]Sting Rays Corvette Club of Florida
Gold Coast Corvettes Club[/B][/I]
taximan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #268
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximan View Post
I am not sure who made the decision to start up that ZR1 right after it came out of the hole. But it looks like it may have cost them an engine. They fired it up, drove away and left about 8 quarts of oil on the ground.

Why would you start up a car that had that kind of damage without checking it out on a lift first ???
I would venture to say once the oil pressure dropped too much the motor would die,safety precaution built into the ECM.I for one was glad to hear that car start.Kind of like telling the sinkhole,kiss my @$$!
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #269
RHanselman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post

Just wondering...

Are you a corvette museum stalker? (Attempt at humor… for those of you trying to find if I broke any rules…)

Cheers,
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int

Last edited by RHanselman; 03-04-2014 at 12:34 PM.
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #270
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
I would venture to say once the oil pressure dropped too much the motor would die,safety precaution built into the ECM.I for one was glad to hear that car start.Kind of like telling the sinkhole,kiss my @$$!
Huge advertisement having it pulled from underground and then started up and drive away. It was a GM owned car, I wouldnt be surprised if the order to start and drive away came from GM itself.

Its only an LS9 anyways. Cookie cutter engine. GM has a few thousand laying around.

If any fuel injected car starts, that means it has oil pressure. Its a safety feature for a potential crash site. No oil pressure kicks out the fuel pumps, if it didnt an over turned or wrecked car's fuel pump would empty its fuel tank onto the ground. No oil pressure, no fuel pressure, less fire risk to 1st aiders, not to save the engine itself.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote