ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 08-27-2010   #1
ZRWON

Default NW region ?

With all the top management changes do we still have a regional org concept?
If yes, who replaced Jeff as our NW regional coordinator?
What events are planned for us?
What financial support from the top organization is available for regional activities?
Do we still exist out here?
What's going on with us?
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #2
DDSLT5

Default Re: NW region ?

Hi Bill - I believe Nick Solandros was the representative, but I'm not sure if he is still representing your area. I've sure enjoyed the gatherings in the PNW in the past and I hope they continue into the future. How's your beast treating you?
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #3
1990 415

I was wondering this myself. I have attended the last 2 PNWZR1 gatherings and they were awesome. I hope they continue for many more years.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #4
Hammer

Talking Re: NW region ?

Certainly hope they don't go away. I believe others have expressed interest in continuing them.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #5
Nick

Bill: I have "unofficially" stepped up and taken responsibility for the Northwest region once again. Depending upon the $upport HQ gives us now and in the future, we will be making plans to continue our annual Summer event as well as other get-togethers throughout the year. One of these days, you will have to join us! I know I personally have expressed interest many times in seeing you and your Beast at one of our events! If we have to, we'll come to you!

We have had a lot of fun in the Northwest with our events, and I for one feel it would be a shame to let our area down and not have support for the local ZR-1'ers and other Registry members. I know others feel the same as I do, including non-local members.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #6
flyin ryan

Smile Re: NW region ?

Thanks Nick
Old 08-30-2010   #7
DDSLT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
Thanks Nick
Hey Ryan - need to see you at this event (if it happens) next year buddy! You have FOUR?!?!?!? Zs now?!??!?!?! NICE!
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #8
Polo-1

Thanks Nick

I hope some of my annual fee went to this years gathering. As a west coast guy, I'm unable to make it to the east coast as much as I would like. I would hope that my dues are spread out fairly to to help both West and East coast.
Polo-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #9
ZR1FUN

Here's another prespective. I am a west coast guy too. Two hours from the gathering site. I did not get a call, email or an announcement of the gathering from either the NW Registry or the National Registry. All forms of communication were available. In fact I had a call from another member who had not heard anything about a gathering and wanted to attend.

Since this party was for selected members only, I do not want any of my dues contributed to this private party. There really is a reason there was a small turn out at this private party.

Doug
ZR1FUN

PS: If there is anything to be paid to the sponsor of this party, it should first be applied to the outstanding debt of the sponsor

Last edited by ZR1FUN; 08-31-2010 at 02:58 AM.
ZR1FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #10
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1FUN View Post
Here's another prespective. I am a west coast guy too. Two hours from the gathering site. I did not get a call, email or an announcement of the gathering from either the NW Registry or the National Registry. All forms of communication were available. In fact I had a call from another member who had not heard anything about a gathering and wanted to attend.
Hi Doug, nice to hear from you! Where have you been? Has it been two or three years since you have attended the West Coast's only ZR-1 Net Registry function? Last we heard from you was that you were building a shop and were going to host an event to celebrate. How did the shop turn out?

It is my understanding that you were sent an e-mail alerting you of our annual gathering which, as you know, is always held in conjunction with the Rose City Corvette club's annual event. Out of curiosity, who is the "other member" who supposedly did not hear about the event?

Quote:
Since this party was for selected members only, I do not want any of my dues contributed to this private party. There really is a reason there was a small turn out at this private party.
The event was not for "selected members only," as you allege, and in no way was it a "private party." The event was known to the Registry Board and Officers, and sanctioned as such and approved for funding by Ron Kreigh and other Board members. It never has been a private event. We've even welcomed non-members, as you know.

Quote:
PS: If there is anything to be paid to the sponsor of this party, it should first be applied to the outstanding debt of the sponsor
To what "outstanding debt" do you refer? I am not aware of any "outstanding debt." Many months ago we were told by Ron Kreigh that all issues were taken care of and put to bed. Did you not get that e-mail either?

Doug, I hope to see you soon at another event, if one happens. Better yet, go ahead and plan one. I for one don't mind if other local members "steer the boat" for awhile.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...

Last edited by Nick; 08-31-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote