ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-12-2016   #1
edram454

Default Change in Plans

Just to let my forum members know, due to terrible logistics and my inability to find anybody in Florida to work on my car and my bad experiences with a noted Georgia tuner I have bought a modded c5 z06 and am selling my zr1. Living in Miami with a zr1 is like living in no mans land. The closest notable lt5 repair shops are 20 hours away. After spending in excess of $3000.00 in truck freight tows, mainly to repair mistakes done by the mechanic, I cannot continue to dump money and time into this car and keep my sanity.

I dont have the space or tools to do my own work and even though my car has been very good to me, my idea of performing some upgrades on my car lead me into a world of suffering and missed promises and loss of money and time that has soured my feelings and my drive to keep my car. My car has wonderful mods including a black refinished engine etc... but I must think when I retire I will not be able to take those kinds of losses in case anything did happen to break on it. The car throws no codes and runs great and is properly set up. This is a good time to pass it on to someone whose circumstances are better than mine. I will always love the zr1 and will always have my memories. I only got to drive her 2,000 miles the whole time I owned her and half of that was driving one time to the Georgia tuner who has decided to close his shop.

Being a member of this forum is mandatory if one is going to own one of these beasts. Before I bought my Zr1 I sold a 505 horse c5 coupe to make room for the z. I now go back to a c5 but this time a z06 with 553 crank horsepower and 481 rear wheel horsepower on dynojet dyno. It is all natural engine power with forged internals, cam kit with ls7 clutch and it has 30k miles in mint condition. It is of course, black on black. I heard that black cars are a bit faster on this site. I will always respect the zr1 LT5 car and its owners. I wish you all the best. I have sold most of my misc parts to a forum member whom I met on the phone and schooled him on the history of the zr1. He did not even have one at the time and now he has two!! There is a wealth of knowledge in the forum membership and you are the ones directly responsible in keeping the LT5 relevant and promoting the fact that it is probably the finest engine chevy has ever sold. There is a terrible need for knowledgeable repair people in the southeast since the only guy closed his doors for good reasons. Thanks for replying to my silly questions and comments in the past.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016   #2
5ABI VT

Default Re: Change in Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
Just to let my forum members know, due to terrible logistics and my inability to find anybody in Florida to work on my car and my bad experiences with a noted Georgia tuner I have bought a modded c5 z06 and am selling my zr1. Living in Miami with a zr1 is like living in no mans land. The closest notable lt5 repair shops are 20 hours away. After spending in excess of $3000.00 in truck freight tows, mainly to repair mistakes done by the mechanic, I cannot continue to dump money and time into this car and keep my sanity.

I dont have the space or tools to do my own work and even though my car has been very good to me, my idea of performing some upgrades on my car lead me into a world of suffering and missed promises and loss of money and time that has soured my feelings and my drive to keep my car. My car has wonderful mods including a black refinished engine etc... but I must think when I retire I will not be able to take those kinds of losses in case anything did happen to break on it. The car throws no codes and runs great and is properly set up. This is a good time to pass it on to someone whose circumstances are better than mine. I will always love the zr1 and will always have my memories. I only got to drive her 2,000 miles the whole time I owned her and half of that was driving one time to the Georgia tuner who has decided to close his shop.

Being a member of this forum is mandatory if one is going to own one of these beasts. Before I bought my Zr1 I sold a 505 horse c5 coupe to make room for the z. I now go back to a c5 but this time a z06 with 553 crank horsepower and 481 rear wheel horsepower on dynojet dyno. It is all natural engine power with forged internals, cam kit with ls7 clutch and it has 30k miles in mint condition. It is of course, black on black. I heard that black cars are a bit faster on this site. I will always respect the zr1 LT5 car and its owners. I wish you all the best. I have sold most of my misc parts to a forum member whom I met on the phone and schooled him on the history of the zr1. He did not even have one at the time and now he has two!! There is a wealth of knowledge in the forum membership and you are the ones directly responsible in keeping the LT5 relevant and promoting the fact that it is probably the finest engine chevy has ever sold. There is a terrible need for knowledgeable repair people in the southeast since the only guy closed his doors for good reasons. Thanks for replying to my silly questions and comments in the past.

ed ramos #3028
Sad to see you go and to hear about your experience. WIsh you all the best. Any pics of the c5z?
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016   #3
edram454

5abi vt you have one of the nicest z's on the forum. It was your recordings that made me go out and get the corsa exhaust. I have no cats and I drive around with my hatch slight propped open to hear all that glory. I paid for the z06 but have not picked it up yet since I will be flat bedding my zr1 to his shop to fix yet again a leak the south georgia failed to fix at the filter assembly, probably a sensor or hose...etc.. minor and then he will market the car and sell it for me. when I get it I will post some pics. I should have it October 22. If you go to hpsalesofflorida.com look at the inventory and you will see the 2003 z06 sold. there are lots of pics. Horsepower sales of Florda in west palm beach. Jeremy sells tons of cars and he is a mod king. You will see the bunch of supercharged 675 horse z's he sells all the time. He buys them, mods them and sells the hell out of them. He only deals in the best. You would like his style. Good luck with your beautiful car.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
Old 10-13-2016   #4
carter200

Ed,
It was a pleasure working with you on your vision of the Z you wanted. Sorry you had a bad experience with a certain southern repair shop. You would not have been treated that way by other shops.
Good luck with the C5 and sounds like you have a sweet start. You are correct about the black ones being faster . Take care and good luck, Carter

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016   #5
George Maz

Ed, you've been an absolute friend to me throughout my ZR-1 ownership, from first time pre-purchase advice...to what the heck I'm buying another one! ...and everything in between. You have always taken the time to share knowledge and be there right beside me to help, even though you are many miles away....like the time I was broken down on the interstate with no cell service, holiday weekend, three states away. You quickly arranged a reputable tow, and helped me think through how to get the car to a shop (transmission siezed).

I hope I'm on my way to appreciating the ZR-1 as much as you do. I never thought the day would come that you'd part with that car, especially they way you care for it, invested many modifications, and the satisfaction you get from enjoying your car...Permagrin!!!

Here's a big thank you, for being such a great ZR-1 brother....I hear she likes Black C5's...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hottie.jpg (96.3 KB, 75 views)
1990 ZR-1 #1587
1990 ZR-1 #1727
George Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016   #6
edram454

Thank you Mr. Carter. I will try to remove the bling and have somebody else display this beautiful zr1 jewelry. I know people will try to drive me down in price so I wont give it away without removing some expensive pieces. I managed to collect several rare pieces one being a new in box VSS for a 1990 car which has already been spoken for. Your talent in fabrication is exceptional. Thanks for being part of one the most enjoyable upgrades to my zr1. It was a pleasure being your customer.

ed ramos

Old 10-13-2016   #7
Roadster

Ed, wishing you the best. You have to do what is right for you. Will also check out the website, but also anxious to see your version of pics when you bring the Z06 home. As I have mentioned many times the C4 ZR-1 and the C5 Z06 are the best buys of this decade, JMO.
Enjoy it to no end and have fun........

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016   #8
edram454

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Maz View Post
Ed, you've been an absolute friend to me throughout my ZR-1 ownership, from first time pre-purchase advice...to what the heck I'm buying another one! ...and everything in between. You have always taken the time to share knowledge and be there right beside me to help, even though you are many miles away....like the time I was broken down on the interstate with no cell service, holiday weekend, three states away. You quickly arranged a reputable tow, and helped me think through how to get the car to a shop (transmission siezed).

I hope I'm on my way to appreciating the ZR-1 as much as you do. I never thought the day would come that you'd part with that car, especially they way you care for it, invested many modifications, and the satisfaction you get from enjoying your car...Permagrin!!!

Here's a big thank you, for being such a great ZR-1 brother....I hear she likes Black C5's...

Yeah Baby!!! I have enjoyed talking cars with you many times and will always enjoy it. I will always love the zr1 and its care takers. It is a car that must not die. I will be a Corvette brother until I can no longer drive. We formed a friendship even though we have never personally met. I like the way you keep your cars and the care you give them and also the way you treat the people you deal with. You have two z's and they are both very nice. You have acquired many nice pieces like those outstanding dymag rims and multiple oem amolds. I think you qualify as a hoarder,,, a zr1 hoarder,, also a boat hoarder,, and a trailer hoarder,,,, oh well, you like to have stuff and you work hard to obtain it. I hope to see you later this year and finally meet you. I am sure we will continue talking and will be seeing each other at different events.

When you ever get the need to have a c5 z06 I will help get the very best one available with mods of course. thats one thing, we both love mods!!! the more mods the better. Your 1990 runs like a bat out of hell. Congrats for having such nice cars.

Your Friend,

ed ramos

Old 10-13-2016   #9
edram454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Ed, wishing you the best. You have to do what is right for you. Will also check out the website, but also anxious to see your version of pics when you bring the Z06 home. As I have mentioned many times the C4 ZR-1 and the C5 Z06 are the best buys of this decade, JMO.
Enjoy it to no end and have fun........
Thank you and you are right. the c4 zr1 and the c5 z06 are the best bang for the buck there is. I will continue to be a member of this forum even though I wont have a zr1 and that is how highly I think of the members here. I love both of these vettes. enjoy your zr1 in good health and I will be reading your posts in the future. I will try to post some pics of my new z06. They are very different cars but are both iconic rides. the z06 frc is very, very tight car with zero rattles while the zr1 a bit looser with some rattles and heavier. the zr1 is a highway high speed car while the z06 is very quick starting and stopping. either one is a blast.

ed ramos

Old 10-13-2016   #10
A26B

Ed,
I'm sad to hear you're selling your Zee, but certainly understand your predicament. In my position, it is a common predicament for many owners and will probably not improve as time goes by.

I can't help but thinking that you are right on the verge of having everything resolved and many trouble free miles ahead, but that's the optimist in me. In my personal instance, I have modified my ZR-1 so much that it's no longer reliable & comfortable to travel in, but sure is fun for local romps.

Will look forward to still seeing you here in the forum!

Best regards,
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote