ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2020   #1
mmkkpro

Default Finally on the road 1990 #2822

Hi guys, got tags for my 1990 Z this past Friday. I have been working on bringing this one back from the brink for 1 year. Finally she is on the road and running great. It had been sitting for 5 or 6 years that I know of, neglected, I found it on Craigslist about 3 years ago but did not pull the trigger. I noticed it disappeared from CL so I kinda forgot about it. Last year I'm looking on FB marketplace and low and behold there she was again. I wondered if the person knew what they had. I contacted him, looked at it and bought it, only 45 minutes from my house. Well I don't have to tell you guys what sitting does to a car.
A little history as I understand it. It was bought in 1990 by original owner, the nephew got possession of it, fuel pump supposedly went out, it was parked. So the guy I bought it from traded a Jeep for it a couple years ago with intentions of restoring it, but a 1st gen Hummer took priority over the vette and I bought it. It has 78k miles, all here, nothing butchered and now she rides again. I still have much to do, but I have made massive progress with the help of many here on the Registry, of which I am very greatful. I live at Holden Beach NC, and have drag raced all my life and have a small shop, so as I learn what makes this machine tick, hopefully I can help others. It has been a journey, but actually driving her make it all worth while. Thanks to all who have helped me, greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190420_182102.jpg (146.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190817_152839.jpg (186.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200503_112101.jpg (162.6 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by mmkkpro; 05-03-2020 at 01:42 PM.
mmkkpro is offline   Reply With Quote