ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Canadian Region

Old 08-27-2010   #1
Alberta_ZR1

Thumbs down Ultimate Performance Car - Supplier Review

Ultimate Performance Car

http://www.ultimateperformancecar.com/

An Ontario based performance shop that, with my recent experience, is lacking in the" Performance" area. This review isn't intended to offend anyone who may work for or are associate with this business, it is simply my review of business dealings with this supplier.

The ZR-1 is in need of new weatherstripping so I began my search for a local supplier who had a kit in stock, mainly because I wanted to do it before the summer cruising season ended. After exhausting my search in Alberta, I looked at national stores and discovered the aforementioned company.

I contacted them on August 05, 2010 and discussed with them the weatherstripping kit that they had advertised on their website (http://www.upconlinestores.com/corve...roduct_id=9039). As per the customer service rep, he confirmed that the kit was in stock and would be shipped out next day with an expected arrival date of no more than 10 business days. So after discussing some of the technical specifications, I decided to order the kit. I was suppose to receive an email notification of my order which would outline my purchase and shipping details (this never arrived).

August 23, 2010 (12 business days later)
I contacted Ultimate Performance Car to see where my weatherstripping kit is. The operator couldn't give me any indication of where the product was because the shipping department was closed for inventory (fair enough). He was going to leave a message for that department to contact me on August 24, 2010 to update me on my shipping status. I also mentioned to him that I never received an email notification of my original purchase on August 05, 2010. So we reconfirmed the email address (which was correct) and he said that an email would also be sent with an update on the shipping.

August 27, 2010 (16 business days later)
After receiving no follow up phone call or email from Ultimate Performance Car, I contact them again. I spoke with their shipping department about my shipment status and I am informed that they will have to contact the supplier to see what the product status is (so clearly this kit wasn't in stock). After they contact their supplier, she informs me that product should be shipped out of their US supplier in the next 2 business days and once they receive it, they will send it out to Calgary (usually 3-4 business days from Ontario). After sharing my frustrations with her on the timeliness of their shipping, I get fed a few one liners about how a few parts were out of stock for the kit because of the high demand right now (so everyone is replacing weatherstripping on a C4 right now?).

So needless to say, I am very disappointed in this purchase. If my shipment shows up within the intended time frame that she quoted, it will be 22 business day (34 days in general) since I ordered it. To me that is completely unacceptable. The sole reason why I bought locally (within Canada), was to enjoy fast shipping and obtaining my product in a timely manner. This will be my FIRST and LAST purchase from this company!! For all other purchases, I will be going States side.....

Just some food for thought if someone else is considering purchasing parts from this company.

Last edited by Alberta_ZR1; 08-27-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #2
flyin ryan

Default Re: Ultimate Performance Car - Supplier Review

Never heard of them
Old 08-29-2010   #3
Alberta_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
Never heard of them
Yeah I hadn't heard of them either, but I was passed their name when I was searching for a Canadian supplier. It is just disappointing that they were misleading on the stock quantity and then the shipping....

Oh well live and learn....
Old 08-29-2010   #4
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_ZR1 View Post
Yeah I hadn't heard of them either, but I was passed their name when I was searching for a Canadian supplier. It is just disappointing that they were misleading on the stock quantity and then the shipping....

Oh well live and learn....
ya', sucks man. Thanks for giving a heads up to everyone else
Old 08-30-2010   #5
Hog

Never heard of them either.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #6
DaveK

I found them while researching an article on Canadian vette related vendors but haven't dealt with them. As an alternative you might want to look at this site.

www.corvettedepot.ca

The person running that is part of the Quad C and VP of the Windsor Vette club.

If anyone would like the article I wrote in full just let me know and I'll make it available.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #7
Alberta_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
I found them while researching an article on Canadian vette related vendors but haven't dealt with them. As an alternative you might want to look at this site.

www.corvettedepot.ca

The person running that is part of the Quad C and VP of the Windsor Vette club.

If anyone would like the article I wrote in full just let me know and I'll make it available.
I'd be interested in seeing that article. You can PM and I'll give you my email address if that's easiest.

T
Old 09-20-2010   #8
DaveK

Sorry Tyler I've not been on the forum for a few days (busy cruising ) - I can't attach the article to a PM but if you let me have your email I'll forward it to you.

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

Old 09-20-2010   #9
DaveK

Anyone interested can download it here:

Keeping it Canadian.doc

1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

Old 09-26-2010   #10
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Sorry Tyler I've not been on the forum for a few days (busy cruising )
I've hardly been on here much at all the last couple months too....been racing .